Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The one thing that so many people are overlooking and that is Poch. If he wants you out then that means you are out.

This is Poch's team, all the stories about us looking for buyers for Toby, Rose have been consistent all summer. It means that he doesn't want them. The issues we are facing are a) No English team wants to buy them/can afford them (Utd clearly want Toby) b) With the European market still open past tomorrow they will be circling like vultures to take these two on.

It's possible that's why Utd haven't even made a bid yet, they think we will sell for a lot cheaper because no-one else has come in for him and if they are the only ones biding they are rubbing their hands until final day. But maybe we believe that a European Club will come in for him after tomorrow, we get get the same amount of money that Utd think they can pick Toby up for (on the cheap). So, if Utd low ball us and offer £30m, we might be confident of having say Juve offer the same for him, if this situation presents itself then no-way do we sell to Utd. This puts Utd in a hole, in effect they are also gambling that the other European clubs aren't interested in a World class CB that isn't wanted by his club.
I can't see how Toby could go for £30 million.
Even if he stays for a year and we exercise the option in his contract for the extra year the release is supposed to be £25 million, to let him go without a replacement for 5 million more doesn't make sense.

The destination being Schalke is the odd thing here. Not the fact we're getting rid of Rose, we all expected it.

If it's a loan that we're happy to send Danny on - then I am AMAZED no one in England wants him on loan. What's in this for us?

Maybe a Courtous/Kovacic type deal? - Are we getting a Schalke player? Geis? Embolo?

I don't think we'll get a left back. Poch obviously see's Trippier and Aurier fighting it out for right back this year and KWP is too good to be 3rd choice right back, so he'll be Davies understudy this year as a way of getting much more minutes ahead of those that would have went to Rose.

He won a World Cup at U20 level playing at left back (slightly different level) and Poch has given him minutes at left back in pre-season over right back, so it's clearly the plan. Otherwise we'd just keep Rose and send KWP out on loan.

Doubt if its just a loan, most likely to have a mandatory buy clause in - helps Shalke out by deferring the payment.

We do have KWP who could play LB as you say plus one or two youngsters although I would have thought Poch would have played the youngsters in pre-season if he was planning to help provide cover at LB for the first team.

Doubt if its just a loan, most likely to have a mandatory buy clause in - helps Shalke out by deferring the payment.

We do have KWP who could play LB as you say plus one or two youngsters although I would have thought Poch would have played the youngsters in pre-season if he was planning to help provide cover at LB for the first team.

Georgiou did get quite a bit of game time - but the Premier League is SUCH a different level to pre-season as we all know and he looked rough. Obviously he's pretty good on the ball whilst dribbling but defensively, leaves a lot to be desired.

He's definitely one that could do with a loan. No way would I expect us to send Rose out on loan and have Georgiou as our back up left back. I can understand KWP being there as a World Cup winning left back and left back depth last season.

I know it's been done to death but regarding HG - if we do get rid of Rose, does that mean we need to get someone in? If so, just the one? or two?
Rules are max 17 non homegrown and up to 8 homegrown, the reason we need homegrown is for the full 25 senior squad

*Sorry we can have more than 8 homegrown but means getting rid of on non homegrown

I can't see how Toby could go for £30 million.
Even if he stays for a year and we exercise the option in his contract for the extra year the release is supposed to be £25 million, to let him go without a replacement for 5 million more doesn't make sense.
I pulled the figure out of the air. Just trying to make the point why they haven't even put a bid in for their top target, ask the question why would this be. We should know the answer because this is what we do. They 100% know that he's for sale, they also know by know that he would sign for them, they believe they are in a strong position because no-one else wants him.

I'm suggesting that we might be banking on the fact (or bluffing back to them) that other teams in Europe will bid for him after our window shuts, makes sense to take this approach to avoid going up against the richest club on the planet.

Sanchez is his replacement, always has been.

The Rose reaction is pretty funny to watch:

Twitter post linking us with someone = "That's just paper talk, probably not going to happen."

Twitter post linking Schalke with Rose =
giphy.gif

Have Schalke got any players we might be interested in...?
Y'know, as part of the Rose loan deal...!

Chelsea seem to have done it with Real/Courtois... and THEY don't even have a special relationship with them!

What's Lewis Holtby doing these days??

How Levy or Pochettino can think this fcuking nonsense of an end, during and start to this transfer window, is positive I really don't know.

Neither man can hold their head up that's for sure.

The window would not be on Poch, he would give his targets, it would be upto Levy and his team to deliver, they have one day to deliver or basically fail Poch.

Back
Top Bottom