Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a sign of things to come. Yes he should be commended in certain areas - i.e., saving us from the brink - but Levy will only take us so far.

He sees the club as a business and will continue to line his pockets, charge us fans the highest ticket prices in the world, and, when it comes to transfers, he will continue this process of austerity. Why? Because his end goal is to sell us off for an outrageously healthy profit. He doesn’t give a shit about the club. The similarities between ourselves and Woolwich, In so many ways, are astounding.

If we sell Toby, Rose tomorrow with replacements brought in - we should definitely get the banners out. #levyout

There is no way this team is finishing in the top 4, if this is the case. What’s more, without top 4, next year our top players will start to leave and thus, a downward spiral will begin - all thanks to the best paid chairman in the league’s unwillingness to invest in the squad.

Miracles tomorrow or I’m firmly #levyout
giphy.gif

I don’t blame Poch for doing that, if someone wants to go then it’s probably better they leave. We then need to sell and buy a replacement as good or better.

Again that’s Levy’s job.

Levy has handled the situation horribly, but that doesn't absolve Poch of criticism for his unrealistic idea of how publicly compliant badly underpaid players are supposed to be.

When you combine the two, it's not a very good dynamic. As I said, who's next?

I imagine the Schalke loan deal falls apart when Levy requests Schalke pay £10,000,000 loan fee and a month's supply of Butterkäse

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid posted that while back and I couldn't tell if he was full of shit or it was true (being that we signed no new players).

Sounds cool, though.

I have been known to be full of shit, but in this case I was repeating what a not altogether reliable bloke said on aother forum (I included that caveat at the time).

That said a quick glance through Norman Gillers book on the Double season and the 60-61 squad list in it suggests that no one joined that season

EDIT: Just found one, John Smith from West Ham. Played 21 times between 1960 and 1964, at least once in the Double season.

Not much info on him...

John Smith (footballer, born 1939) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Do you reckon Poch asked him to loan him out rather than sell him to help improve the squad?

Do you also reckon Poch asked for him to be sent out on loan with less than 24 hours left in the window so we have no chance to replace him?

I've heard that Poch just doesn't want Rose or Alderweireld at the club

Levy has handled the situation horribly, but that doesn't absolve Poch of criticism for his unrealistic idea of how publicly compliant badly underpaid players are supposed to be.

When you combine the two, it's not a very good dynamic. As I said, who's next?

In what way has Levy handled the situation horribly?

"badly underpaid players" ? Ok... :confused:

Do you reckon Poch asked him to loan him out rather than sell him to help improve the squad?

Do you also reckon Poch asked for him to be sent out on loan with less than 24 hours left in the window so we have no chance to replace him?

I know that’s sarcastic but Poch may very well have decided that. Maybe he decided that KWP or Aurier or even Georgiou are fine enough backups to Davies.

Back
Top Bottom