Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just been watching the debate. Strachan, Parish & Bellamy all extremely complimentary of Levy's work over the years. Giving him a lot of credit for not being afraid to say no, his ability to block out noise and apparantly when a previous manager wanted rid of Bale Bellamy reckons it was Levy who said no because he knew Bale had more to offer than he was showing at the time.

It would have been great to get a couple of players but there's a lot more to being a chairman than just flapping your dick around

Just been watching the debate. Strachan, Parish & Bellamy all extremely complimentary of Levy's work over the years. Giving him a lot of credit for not being afraid to say no, his ability to block out noise and apparantly when a previous manager wanted rid of Bale Bellamy reckons it was Levy who said no because he knew Bale had more to offer than he was showing at the time.

It would have been great to get a couple of players but there's a lot more to being a chairman than just flapping your dick around

Very true but we still need a couple of players.

Right. So that's a given cos they've had added a few fancy (unproven) names to their previously relegation threatened squad?

There's no element of fact to your claim that they have/are caught/catching us..

In calmer climates, i'm sure you understand what speculate means.

Take a step back and ponder for a moment.... You are literally in fear of WH.

I feel for you.... Can't be a nice place to find yourself.

What is with this forum and people putting words in your mouth FFS. Are you and Joe twins by any chance?

Seeing as they bought players a lot better than their previous mob then you would expect that to be the case. You can virtually guarantee they're gonna improve. Because thats what happens when you buy far better players. SPECULATING otherwise because you cant accept reality does you no favours.

Like signing the players your manager wants to strengthen your team for example

If a deal can be done absolutely but Villa's stance how can we sign a player they don't want to sell? I'd go £30m tops on him and it seems Villa don't want to sell so what more can you do. The only negative I have is this shouldn't have been left until the day before the window closes. I think that's a bit crazy as we aren't exactly trying to pull a fast one by signing Rivaldo etc. Grealish should have been a goer or not a week or two ago, not with 24 hours left to resolve the issue

Who's the next core piece of the squad who gets iced out of the club because Poch can't handle their dissatisfaction with how underpaid they are? Clearly no one is safe, Walker, Rose and Toby were three of our four or five best players two years ago.

It's no coincidence that players are getting itchy around the age that there's one last big contract. Thought it was widely accepted that they'd typically be sold on before their value bottomed out anyway... I understood this to be part of our transfer strategy in fact. In that respect it can (and has) worked for us too.

New stadium won't make us immune to the richest teams with lazy cunts like Maureen at the helm bearing ultra-wages, swooping in for players in their prime rather than improving them. Similarly it won't protect us from players finding galactico money appealing.

I don't claim to know what the answer is, but whilst we have players here that actively want to be here because of Poch (Hugo, Eriksen and I suspect to some extent Kane too) then I don't think it's much of a direct indictment on Poch that some will hit their late 20's and want to leave.

Personally, I condone a hard-line, "paid to train" approach... Fergie, Clough etc. but trying to remain objective for the sake of the discussion.

Unfortunately the Hercules account is a parody. The key giveaway is the lack of spelling mistakes and knowledge of basic syntax.

He also tweeted ‘I have autism’ a few days ago.

On the contrary.... Poch evidently wants both Rose & Toby out so he's part of the 'party'.

Poch is picky as fuck when it comes to players too (even if one does wanna exonerate him of blame from some of the cheaper punts in the past).

If all he wanted was an indiscriminate £XXm's worth of players I'm sure Levy would have delivered to that remit long in the window.

Let's mature the discussion beyond 'Levy stole back the war-chest'.

Well as a club we don’t need vast amounts of players, we are deficient in a few keys areas, midfield being one. There was need for a few signings not a lot.

I am pretty sure Levy has a list of players that Poch would like that he would feel will strengthen the club. Chelsea have already got two players in midfield that would have strengthened us, not saying they where defiantly on Poch’s list but they are the type of players we could have used.

I am not going to get to worked up as we have another day left and anything can happen. However it is very much in Levy’s court to deliver the players Poch’s wants.

As for Rose and Toby, well Toby looks like he is running down his contract so what choice do we really have, it’s bad either way. Rose who knows, he wasn’t exactly great in the papers but for all we know they could have kissed and made up.

Back
Top Bottom