Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take your tongue out of his arse crack Nabs. He fucking hates you.
giphy.gif

I like Spurs spectacles.... Find them VERY comfy being a Spurs fan.

I understand your point just fine thanks. I just think it's motivated by fear and transfer 'penis' envy.

Buying players has the potential to improve a team (nothing more), if indeed the players turn out to be as suitable as one thinks. Your talk of "guarantees" is hyperbole and your logic is ridden with supposition.

Can you explain how usually when we've spent big (individually or on multiple targets) we've either stalled or gone backwards? (In fact the only immediate example of us spending big working out zxz`is Big Dav)

...How about Everton?

...Or Brendan's closing days at Liverpool?

...Why did the scum not gain any ground after their 'killer' January window just passed?

...Previously mentioned them before, but how come Chavs spent 250m last year and fell out of the CL spots.

You seem to want to gloss over this aspect of the discussion.... Again, hardly the behaviour or a logic-warrior.

Cheer up, Jester(*).

Give it a few weeks and you'll be back to laughing at West Ham...

(*)Sorry, for going route one, Irony connoisseurs... :pochbye:

Just so you're aware I said "virtually guarantee" which is not exactly the same as "guarantee". Further that is my opinion based on precedents that have gone on previously. In fact I gave a scenario that I cant be bothered to repeat but if you care to go back you will find it.

I never actually glossed over anything I actually addressed all your points head on. But I believe you and Joe both have learning difficulties as you seem to attribute things to people they neither said nor mean.Everyone else so far seems to be able to agree to disagree. Like grown adults.

So lets make this clear. No one claimed that simply buying players guarantees success and certainly not as a standalone argument. You keep mentioning teams that have failed. Which is a complete irrelevance cause I never said teams couldnt fail after spending in the first place. Obviously seeing as teams spend in the summer and still get relegated or come up from lower leagues and go straight back down that has to be the case. But of course other teams also spend money to get better which is a big factor in why those teams go down. No one was suggesting that everyone who spends money gets better else that wouldn't happen and by now most clubs would be equal favourites to win the league every season. Even teams that go down would be getting point totals that would have won them the league in previous seasons. It is simply not possible for every team that spends money to improve every time they do. What I actually said was for every example you can give me where spending money hasnt worked. I can give you probably ten where it does. Not only do you see that as the gap gets bigger between the top teams and the rest every season in most leagues. But also its the reason clubs spend in the first place and transfer prices sky rocket. If it wasnt the case all teams would stay the same and players would cost far less than they do now due to less demand for their services.

Furthermore your whole point is based over one season. Not every player hits the ground running.some take a season or two before they turn out to be money well spent making the investment worthwhile. A lot of the time thats how they sell on for a profit a few years down the line.So you can invest in more decent players.You seem to forget thats a large part of how we managed to get we are now.We spent, developed and grew long term.

In addition you're highly naive if you think that the vast majority of the best teams in the world are the ones who have the most money, spend the most and who's squads are most valuable.

So what you need to do is calm down, take the Spurs spectacles off, take a deep breath and if you actually care about having a decent discussion read my posts carefully come back and address my actual position rather than the imaginary one you keep attributing to me. Theres a good lad.

Just so you're aware I said "virtually guarantee" which is not exactly the same as "guarantee". Further that is my opinion based on precedents that have gone on previously. In fact I gave a scenario that I cant be bothered to repeat but if you care to go back you will find it.

I never actually glossed over anything I actually addressed all your points head on. But I believe you and Joe both have learning difficulties as you seem to attribute things to people they neither said nor mean.Everyone else so far seems to be able to agree to disagree. Like grown adults.

So lets make this clear. No one claimed that simply buying players guarantees success and certainly not as a standalone argument. You keep mentioning teams that have failed. Which is a complete irrelevance cause I never said teams couldnt fail after spending in the first place. Obviously seeing as teams spend in the summer and still get relegated or come up from lower leagues and go straight back down that has to be the case. But of course other teams also spend money to get better which is a big factor in why those teams go down. No one was suggesting that everyone who spends money gets better else that wouldn't happen and by now most clubs would be equal favourites to win the league every season. Even teams that go down would be getting point totals that would have won them the league in previous seasons. It is simply not possible for every team that spends money to improve every time they do. What I actually said was for every example you can give me where spending money hasnt worked. I can give you probably ten where it does. Not only do you see that as the gap gets bigger between the top teams and the rest every season in most leagues. But also its the reason clubs spend in the first place and transfer prices sky rocket. If it wasnt the case all teams would stay the same and players would cost far less than they do now due to less demand for their services.

Furthermore your whole point is based over one season. Not every player hits the ground running.some take a season or two before they turn out to be money well spent making the investment worthwhile. A lot of the time thats how they sell on for a profit a few years down the line.So you can invest in more decent players.You seem to forget thats a large part of how we managed to get we are now.We spent, developed and grew long term.

In addition you're highly naive if you think that the vast majority of the best teams in the world are the ones who have the most money, spend the most and who's squads are most valuable.

So what you need to do is calm down, take the Spurs spectacles off, take a deep breath and if you actually care about having a decent discussion read my posts carefully come back and address my actual position rather than the imaginary one you keep attributing to me. Theres a good lad.
image.gif

TL;DR...

Just leaving this here tho.

In the meantime. Liverpool are over 200 mil improved and West Ham are 100 mil closer. Then of course Arsen*l,Wolves,Everton are also splashing the cash. The gaps closing.

^^^^^ This is what I disagreed with.

You're taking the improvement for granted; as fact.

ALL those teams (inc Wolves in the champo! lol) outspent us last year too and we finished above the fucking lot of them.

:dembelefingers:

Yeah mate. That's why 47 people clicked ‘funny’ or ‘agree’ when I was buying you yesterday. And 15 people agreeing that you are a prevaricating bore. Don’t bandy words with me you half-wit.

And if you want to call people thick, you really need to brush up on your spelling and grammar. I concede that it’s not everything, but at least try to ally your poor grasp of English with some rapier like observations - as I said yesterday - you can’t even remember what you said 10 minutes ago. The kindest thing I can call you is a goldfish.

No disrespect to Dr Rocktopus Dr Rocktopus ‘s recently departed pet. RIP.
Unfortunately the only half wit around here is you and that airfixx geezer.

Not only can you not understand a simple point, you cant understand the meaning of icons and you keep attributing things to me I neither said nor meant in the manner you pretend. A prime example was yesterday your learning disability is so severe you kept quoting things at me. Then telling ME how I meant MY own comment. Yes MY own comment!!. Just because you construe a comment a certain way doesnt mean thats the way the person meant it. When I actually explained that too you and demonstrated it. You still insisted I meant it the way you said I did. Calling me a liar, forgetful and acting as if you have some type of mind reading psychic ability.

So basically your whole demonstration of this "buying" me yesterday was you sticking your fingers in your ears and saying liar over and over again and pretending that the person who made the point didnt understand his OWN point. It was in fact a stunning display of illogic. Which is the reason you buried your head in your sand (a regular occurence for you) when I did to you later on exactly what you were doing to me, by capitalizing your own sentence,causing you to tuck your tail between your legs.

Further your reasoning skills are so poor you claimed I forgot what I said when I was actually addressing it as I was reading it. So somehow according to you. We have this impossible scenario. Where a person not only doesn't understand their own point, but also forgets what they said WHILST actually addressing it. Whereas the very probable scenario(which happens on a regular basis) that the other person doesnt actually understand what the person they are conversing with is saying, is completely dismissed by you as something that simply can't be. Then you slink off as if you have won some kind of battle of the minds.

All these things add up to suggest that indeed you are not very bright.

Not only can you not understand a simple point, you cant understand the meaning of icons and you keep attributing things to me I neither said nor meant in the manner you pretend. A prime example was yesterday your learning disability is so severe you kept quoting things at me. Then telling ME how I meant MY own comment. Yes MY own comment!!. Just because you construe a comment a certain way doesnt mean thats the way the person meant it. When I actually explained that too you and demonstrated it. You still insisted I meant it the way you said I did. Calling me a liar, forgetful and acting as if you have some type of mind reading psychic ability.

So basically your whole demonstration of this "buying" me yesterday was you sticking your fingers in your ears and saying liar over and over again and pretending that the person who made the point didnt understand his OWN point. It was in fact a stunning display of illogic. Which is the reason you buried your head in your sand (a regular occurence for you) when I did to you later on exactly what you were doing to me, by capitalizing your own sentence,causing you to tuck your tail between your legs.

Further your reasoning skills are so poor you claimed I forgot what I said when I was actually addressing it as I was reading it. So somehow according to you. We have this impossible scenario. Where a person not only doesn't understand their own point, but also forgets what they said WHILST actually addressing it. Whereas the very probable scenario(which happens on a regular basis) that the other person doesnt actually understand what the person they are conversing with is saying, is completely dismissed by you as something that simply can't be. Then you slink off as if you have won some kind of battle of the minds.

tenor.gif

TL;DR...

Just leaving this here tho.

^^^^^ This is what I disagreed with.

You're taking the improvement for granted; as fact.

ALL those teams (inc Wolves in the champo! lol) outspent us last year too and we finished above the fucking lot of them.

:dembelefingers:

You can disagree with me as much you like. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is you coming back and attributing stuff to me I haven't said.Like telling me "i'm taking things for a fact" when im simply voicing my opinion based on the evidence presented. Not only the evidence presented but the cast iron fact that Liverpool are 200m better off and West Ham are 100 mil closer. As things stand thats how it is. Cause thats how much they spent. Thereby increasing their sauad value by that amount. I also dont think its much of an argument to say we finished above Wolves.

Youre simply too emotional right now to have a proper discussion.

Further your reasoning skills are so poor you claimed I forgot what I said when I was actually addressing it as I was reading it. So somehow according to you. We have this impossible scenario. Where a person not only doesn't understand their own point, but also forgets what they said WHILST actually addressing it. Whereas the very probable scenario(which happens on a regular basis) that the other person doesnt actually understand what the person they are conversing with is saying, is completely dismissed by you as something that simply pcan't be. Then you slink off as if you have won some kind of battle of the minds.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever read - I’m actually laughing really hard. You’re fucking mental. Come back when you can format your posts properly and formulate a proper argument. In short, you lied, you contradicted youself, and everyone saw you for what you are. And me ‘burying my head in the sand’ ha ha, that’s even funnier, you mumbling mess.

Not only the evidence presented but the cast iron fact that Liverpool are 200m better off and West Ham are 100 mil closer.

That's not a fact. That's a theory. And not a great one. Money spent on transfers doesn't equate to progress. Applying this logic to Harry Kane and Delli Alli, we only added 5m in on field value between the two of them. If I spent 200m on Mark Noble today, I would certainly not be 200m better off.

That's not a fact. That's a theory. And not a great one. Money spent on transfers doesn't equate to progress. Applying this logic to Harry Kane and Delli Alli, we only added 5m in on field value between the two of them. If I spent 200m on Mark Noble today, I would certainly not be 200m better off.

No it is a fact. Cause thats how much more their squads worth.

Not only the evidence presented but the cast iron fact that Liverpool are 200m better off and West Ham are 100 mil closer.

No ... Liverpool are 200m worse off, and West Ham 100m worse off, that money is spent with precisely zero guarantee of improvement .... to prove that point ....

Woolwich 2015 finished in 3rd place ..... 2016 finished they finished in 2nd place ..... money spent 2016/7 107m result 5th place .... money spent 2017/18 118m result 6th place .... so spending 228m achieved two worse results ...

Everton spent 89m 2016/7 and another 203m 2017/8 how did that work out for them?

Just spending a lot of money does not guarantee success ... you need to build a squad and then keep that squad together ... Liverpool in the 80's .... Man Utd in the 90's .... and now perhaps City ...

Of course you need to freshen up that squad with new signings, but the key secret to success is keeping the core group intact ....

It will be MASSIVELY disappointing if we don't sign players today, but keeping our core squad together can be deemed a very good window ... anything more will be a happy bonus ....

:dembelelol:
That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever read - I’m actually laughing really hard. You’re fucking mental. Come back when you can format your posts properly and formulate a proper argument. In short, you lied, you contradicted youself, and everyone saw you for what you are. And me ‘burying my head in the sand’ ha ha, that’s even funnier, you mumbling mess.

Conversation skills 101

Step 1: Stick fingers in ears

Step 2: claim you lied over and over again

:dembelelol::sonlol:

Back
Top Bottom