Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No ... Liverpool are 200m worse off, and West Ham 100m worse off, that money is spent with precisely zero guarantee of improvement .... to prove that point ....

Woolwich 2015 finished in 3rd place ..... 2016 finished they finished in 2nd place ..... money spent 2016/7 107m result 5th place .... money spent 2017/18 118m result 6th place .... so spending 228m achieved two worse results ...

Everton spent 89m 2016/7 and another 203m 2017/8 how did that work out for them?

Just spending a lot of money does not guarantee success ... you need to build a squad and then keep that squad together ... Liverpool in the 80's .... Man Utd in the 90's .... and now perhaps City ...

Of course you need to freshen up that squad with new signings, but the key secret to success is keeping the core group intact ....

It will be MASSIVELY disappointing if we don't sign players today, but keeping our core squad together can be deemed a very good window ... anything more will be a happy bonus ....

Guarantee of improvement is not the issue. I'm talking about squad value. Liverpools squad is worth 200m more than it was last year. West Hams is 100m

No it is a fact. Cause thats how much more their squads worth.
Only if they could find a buyer willing to spend the same amount for those players, but that's beside the point. Transfer money spent doesn't equate to progress. West Ham aren't 100m closer or whatever that means.

Only if they could find a buyer willing to spend the same amount for those players, but that's beside the point. Transfer money spent doesn't equate to progress. West Ham aren't 100m closer or whatever that means.

Well it means they added 100m to the value of their squad. Because they did. Right now the value of their squad is 100m closer to ours then it was last year. Actually maybe more .Wilshire has to be worth a bit.

:dembelelol:

Conversation skills 101

Step 1: Stick fingers in ears

Step 2: claim you lied over and over again

:dembelelol::sonlol:
Everyone saw it. You just look like a massive cunt now. That’s why everyone told you to leave it. People who are willing to lie, barefaced, don’t last long here. You’re just coming over as a massive wanker.

Everyone saw it. You just look like a massive cunt now. That’s why everyone told you to leave it. People who are willing to lie, barefaced, don’t last long here. You’re just coming over as a massive wanker.

No they told me to leave it. Cause they knew you wouldnt get it and they were right. Ive had conversations with hundreds of people. Who I havent had to explain basics of conversation too. Somehow they're all wrong and youre right.

Bottom line. If I make the statement

"I never said anything about relegation" The statement doesn't mean that I never said anything about relegation ever in my entire life.

You insist it does. The idiot here is you.

Well it means they added 100m to the value of their squad. Because they did. Right now the value of their squad is 100m closer to ours then it was last year. Actually maybe more .Wilshire has to be worth a bit.

What they paid for their squad is irrelevant to the on field product. You might as well argue over which team has the hotter spouses or average dick length. It's meaningless.

200w.gif

No they told me to leave it. Cause they knew you wouldnt get it and they were right. Ive had conversations with hundreds of people. Who I havent had to explain basics of conversation too. Somehow they're all wrong and youre right.

Bottom line. If I make the statement

"I never said anything about relegation" The statement doesn't mean that I never said anything about relegation ever in my entire life"

You insist it does. The idiot here is you.

Fair enough mate, whatever, I’m the thickie and good luck with your ‘hundreds of conversations’. Were they £35 an hour talking to some slapper from Ongar? Your mum is going to be on your case when the phone bill comes round. All that and back to school soon. No wonder you’re pissed off. Maybe the West Ham boys will take the piss out of your Spurs satchel? Is that what you’re worried about?

Back
Top Bottom