Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The icing on the cake to these past few months would be Eriksen being sold. I wouldn't even be surprised with the way things are going.

Sell Eriksen, promise to buy a replacement in January, use all the money on the stadium, buy no one...Levy thing to do.

The icing on the cake to these past few months would be Eriksen being sold. I wouldn't even be surprised with the way things are going.

Sell Eriksen, promise to buy a replacement in January, use all the money on the stadium, buy no one...Levy thing to do.

We're not selling Eriksen. There would be a mutiny.

Who's gonna be a back-up on the left if Rose leaves? KWP?

Looks that way. Which is a bigger deal than people realize. Poch rotates his fullbacks, he has to, it's the most physically demanding position in the system.

For all the thought that Rose essentially disappeared last year, he made 16 starts, 9 of them in the league and 3 in the CL. I'd expect to see at least that much of KWP playing out of position relying on his weaker foot if Rose goes.

Looks that way. Which is a bigger deal than people realize. Poch rotates his fullbacks, he has to, it's the most physically demanding position in the system.

For all the thought that Rose essentially disappeared last year, he made 16 starts, 9 of them in the league and 3 in the CL. I'd expect to see at least that much of KWP playing out of position relying on his weaker foot if Rose goes.

I'm not really that pumped about seeing KWP at LB. He seems much less confident playing there than at RB.
Yes it gets him games, but at what cost to our defense, and at what cost to his long-term development?
Think I'd rather see Aurier filling in at LB with an eye towards letting KWP get those same starts at RB.
KWP could be our future whereas Aurier doesn't even look like he can beat out Tripps right now...

Shamrock Rovers' teenage keeper Gavin Bazunu to complete Leaving Cert ahead of €400k move - Independent.ie

I tell you what, if I was a foreign club I'd be licking my lips about the money in the Premier League and the HG rule. If I was Dortmund, Lyon etc I'd constantly be sniffing out the English teams for talent not getting a look in, nurture them for a couple of years and watch teams bend over backwards to pay top whack for a player to help them with their HG quotas a couple of years after signing them. I think that's why we are starting to see a few English boys going over to the Bundesliga etc, these businessman aren't mugs.

If Griffiths or Sancho make it etc how much are they going to be able to charge Premier League clubs? A great low risk high reward model to get talent and turn it into serious money. This Bazunu will probably go to City but let's be honest, he won't be cracking the first team and City won't sell to another top 4 club so the lower level Prem teams or European clubs must be licking their lips whenever they catch an academy or u18 game

Last edited:

Doesn't sound a familar "Levy thing to do" to me. When was the last time he sold one of our best players without at least an attempt at a reasonable replacement? I really can't remember one.

Berbatov - Bent and Pavlyuchenko
Bale- Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli
Modric - Dembele
Walker- Aurier.

Sell one of the best players and not directly replace them? Well sure, but we never sign galacticos.

Kick a club while it's down lol! Just imagine selling Rose and Eriksen this month! Would we really do that what with the news surrounding the season tickets and stadium delays. It would be one of the biggest fuck yous in the history of the game to the fans.

Back
Top Bottom