Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy likes the green thats why!

Bollocks, I refuse to accept that every bit of bad judgement on our chairman's part is due to the fact that he's a stoner.... No fucking way. Sorry. Nope.

Besides, if you'd ever listened to reggae, you'd know that with Marijuana comes enlightenment.... Durrrr! :dembelefingers:

I think there are a few other good reasons for him to sign for us though.
We are the club where he became a superstar. He clearly has us close to his heart.
London. Always a factor.
Shiny massive new stadium to christen.
A fanbase that will idolize and adore him from day one.
Champions league football.
Ben Davies.
And we are Spurs after all. A bigger name than a lot of our mostly younger fans appreciate, unfortunately

:freund:

Well it still leaves the other good reasons I posted. And I also think he genuinely appreciates the fact we made him into the player he is today..

AVB, if you please! :angryscouser:

(Honestly... To this day...... A.V.Bale..... Reeaaaaally?)

I thought Ryan Mason was a Chelsea fan btw. Although he too clearly appreciates Spurs as the club that gave him his chance.

I thought he was Spurs but from a Chav family...?

I can see us going the 4-3-3 route as well, and I think that benefits Davis/Trippier/slower WBs. If we have pace and wide forwards, takes the need away from having full backs with superior pace. We can afford to have more tactical players as opposed to athletes in the wingback positions. If they aren’t bombing away, then with Dier/Wanyama in the middle with them on the wings we should be fine defensively even if playing Dele and Eriksen in the middle.

Reports suggesting we are in pole position to sign Shaqiri. Although a decent signing if he’s coming as cover can’t see it myself. Left Bayern for game time so can’t see him coming here to sit on the bench.

I remember when he wished Woolwich good luck in the F.A. Cup and didn't say anything until weeks later about the last day at WHL.

I'm just sayin'. I don't think he loves Spurs as much as you think. I think appreciates is the better word.

Ryan Mason loves us.
He wished Aaron Ramsey his national team mate good luck. . .

A year older and one less year on his contract

:levyeyes:
And other year of just being Thomas Lemar and not “the greatest footballer anyone has ever fucking seen”.

I think he’s got a lot of potential and would certainly have him at a reasonable price. But dippers are reportedly back in this summer, meaning the hype-train will be leaving the station shortly and he’ll be back to being the greatest footballer since Pele.

Same with the media, same shit different day ... Kane is off - signs new contract 2022 media fail ... Dele is off - contract 2022 media fail ... Hugo is off - contract 2022 media fail ... Poch is off - contract 2023 media fail ...

New day so new speculation ... Eriksen is now off ..... let's hope the pattern continues, I expect it will ....

Anybody heard of the Uruguaian Lucas Torreira?
Fourfourtwo writes
"Would Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez be bold enough to gamble on Torreira in Russia? The diminutive 22-year-old had a brilliant season for Sampdoria, emerging as one of the best midfielders in Serie A for tackles, interceptions and ball recoveries. His distribution is excellent and he can shoot from distance: Torreira scored four goals in 2017/18, including one fine strike in a 3-2 win over Juventus.

He's only made two substitute appearances for Uruguay this year and didn't take part in the qualifiers, but his rise has been fast and he could blossom if given responsibility in Russia. Torreira was once compared to Marco Verratti during his days at Pescara, and he'd love the opportunity to shine in the absence of Italy's midfield maestro. "

Read more at 10 potential breakout stars of World Cup 2018 we can't wait to see

I haven´t seen him, any good? Sounds like a prospect.

Back
Top Bottom