Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now we are talking. More de Ligt. Less Shaqiri plz.

Reports suggest that NO club has come in for Malcolm. He was supposed to have had a shit 2nd half of the season is the reason why there have been no clubs interested, that and his valuation.

Inter Milan probably makes sense. Big summer for them with CL football.

Saying that, I think the ships sailed. We probably had the opportunity to sign Lucas for cheap in January or wait to sign Malcom and Levy made the call.

Thank fuck there is only about 700 more pages of this thread to go! :pochwtf:

Only early days and we are being linked with Shaquiri, its going to be a gruesome, long window.

West Ham level at most ffs.
Only 700? Hahahaha fuck that would be a disappointing effort from us. Need to push the 2k mark imo. Beat that thread from two years ago

Ive seen both play at championship standard and Ive seen both play at champions league standard. Truth be told they are inconsistent.

Shaqiri is a better option than Llorente when either are having an off day. No need for the hysterics.

Well if Poch wants him, you must have some major issues with the managers competence. I trust his judgement and will back any player who pulls the shirt on. You can look forward to slagging off Shaqiri should he sign.

I´ll look forward to seeing what he can bring to us when we dry up in the final third. Not my problem, and not my duty to explain to you why other clubs arent looking at him. They might be, they might not be, its not important to me.

I dont see everyone lining up to sign Martial either
According to the Internet Chelsea want Martial. To replace Hazard if he is off to Madrid.

Now we are talking. More de Ligt. Less Shaqiri plz.

Inter Milan probably makes sense. Big summer for them with CL football.

Saying that, I think the ships sailed. We probably had the opportunity to sign Lucas for cheap in January or wait to sign Malcom and Levy made the call.

Agent pushing the deal??? I can't be bothered to find the link but the source that no one was in for him was a viable one. All this for a player that was marketed so brilliantly last year, that everyone wanted him, but had never seen him kick a ball.

Agent pushing the deal??? I can't be bothered to find the link but the source that no one was in for him was a viable one. All this for a player that was marketed so brilliantly last year, that everyone wanted him, but had never seen him kick a ball.

Possibly.

I mean, why would you want to stay at Bordeaux?

I disagree. If players want a lot more ££ then they won't care what others are on.
Its very naive to think they only want more if toby is getting it but not kane. Very flawed logic.
Also if that's the case, which players will demand a massive increase if toby gets it? & do you want money grabbing mercenaries like them around?
I don't think a player & agents contract talks are based mainly on what's everyone else getting? Personally I don't think eriksen for example would demand a big pay rise or is he leaving, just because toby got one.
You think quite lowly of a lot of our players if you think they would behave like that. & you have just basically said they would all be good & behave if kane gets an increase but not toby. I don't know how you can know that whilst also ignoring players mainly want more ££ for themselves, not because toby or another player gets it. That does come in to play but not always, & it isn't the main factor.

Think Messi/Barca.... Individuals eksewhere in the team can desire what they will, but no-one can logically expect more than him.

When Messi gets a new deal and thus the wage ceiling increases, this is the a logical time for this on lesser wages to seek a bump.

It's not a derogatory reflection on their (or similarly our) other squad members to assume this to be the case.

Any player that thinks they should earn more than the proverbial main man in their will more often than not be left dissapointed....

Possibly.

To drink wine?
y3mLex9.png

Possibly.

Every South American player in Europe is hawked around with a view of being the next Ronaldo of whoever (actually change that to every player). It's crystal clear (almost) that Bordeaux are happy with his agent doing a great job by linking him with every single CL club in Europe, especially in PL as that's where the money is. They stand to make a killing and that is their sole intention but with no interest in him and him not playing in the world cup, his value will decrease without competition. (The article that I read that I can't be arsed to hunt for also said that Woolwich had background checked him and he was supposed to be a bit of a cunt and that has caused for them to drop any interest).

I disagree. If players want a lot more ££ then they won't care what others are on.
Its very naive to think they only want more if toby is getting it but not kane. Very flawed logic.
Also if that's the case, which players will demand a massive increase if toby gets it? & do you want money grabbing mercenaries like them around?
I don't think a player & agents contract talks are based mainly on what's everyone else getting? Personally I don't think eriksen for example would demand a big pay rise or is he leaving, just because toby got one.
You think quite lowly of a lot of our players if you think they would behave like that. & you have just basically said they would all be good & behave if kane gets an increase but not toby. I don't know how you can know that whilst also ignoring players mainly want more ££ for themselves, not because toby or another player gets it. That does come in to play but not always, & it isn't the main factor.
You misinterpreted most of my post.

My point is. The club has a structure and it will stick to it. It will improve with time. And there is one player that sets the level for what is the roof of the structure. That man is Kane. Whatever Kane gets is the max amount. He is the top earner alongside Hugo for a reason.

And we all know that once one of our key players signs a new deals more follow, because that happens all the time. Last time Kane committed to a new deal Eriksen, Rose, Walker, Dele and Davies all followed.

The point being the club uses Kane's salary as the ceiling for the structure. If Toby/Jan/Winks etc walk in and demand to be paid more they are going to be told no and will recieve a counter offer.

Once Kane signs a new deal with us we are going to see more of our key players follow suit.

Last edited:
Every South American player in Europe is hawked around with a view of being the next Ronaldo of whoever (actually change that to every player). It's crystal clear (almost) that Bordeaux are happy with his agent doing a great job by linking him with every single CL club in Europe, especially in PL as that's where the money is. They stand to make a killing and that is their sole intention but with no interest in him and him not playing in the world cup, his value will decrease without competition. (The article that I read that I can't be arsed to hunt for also said that Woolwich had background checked him and he was supposed to be a bit of a cunt and that has caused for them to drop any interest).

Honestly doubt Woolwich could afford him.

I mean I doubt they're not going after him based on him being a cunt when they're signing Fellaini.

I do agree that the hype for Malcolm on here was a bit of a joke. I've never seen him play so refrained from saying much except that I much prefered we signed Lucas based on me actually seeing him play and knowing his style of play. Even Malcolm's YouTube comp looked meh.

Those stupid cunts on SC are now suggesting donating money to the site if more "clues" are released on potential transfers.

Singaspursofsixspence said:
@A&C,
Just a thought :

If the ITK permits, would it make sense to do a donation drive to fund the servers once it reaches a certain amount then you can reveal the cryptic clue one at a time?

Killing two birds with one stone, everyone chips in to keep this great site going, while at the same time having fun with the cryptic clue as well...

And then:

The reason they haven't confirmed them is because it is sensitive information, so until it is leaked in the press they won't reveal it regardless of how much is donated. This might be different in respect of today's cyptic however...

I am in the wrong fucking job, but i have applied to work at:

@takingeasymoneyfromstupidfuckers.com

Back
Top Bottom