Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So it was proven once again spending ££ is a waste of time with tight ass city winning the league. Who are we all backing to win the title this year?
I am going for cardiff. Hard working with no over paid fancy dan's to ruin team spirit. A tough manager in warnock who will take no crap from big money posers.
Liverpool have already spent fairly big on a player which makes them favourites for relegation. But only time will tell....
Your comedy is some gentle shit.

So you think the right thing to do is watch Toby walk for 25 million next year and potentially miss out on one of the highest rated CB prospects in years? I'm glad the board don't listen to you when it comes to these decisions in that case.
Then again, why don't Man utd, who know how to win stuff after all, drop their pursuit of Toby and go for de ligt themselves then? Seems logical by your reasnoning, Jock.

Then again, why don't Man utd, who know how to win stuff after all, drop their pursuit of Toby and go for de ligt themselves then? Seems logical by your reasnoning, Jock.
When you ever known Jose to back youth?

You pull out this play every year.

"If Ben Davies is so good then why are City not after him instead of Danny Rose".

A players worth is not determined like that. Its certainly not determined by Jose Mourinho and Man Utd as you're suggesting.

They very well might if we decide to hold Toby against his will. And then we're stuck with a player who resents the club while they get and likely ruin one of the best european CB prospects in the world. Hardly sounds like we're the winners in that scenario to me John because I know fine well that if Toby doesn't want to be here, Poch will continue to bench him for someone who does want to be here.

Spurs have been given permission to discuss a transfer with Anthony Martial's agents ... that doesn't mean he's signing, or even that Utd have agreed to sell ... but it is a BIG step ....

Will hit the wires today if it hasn't already ... my source is impeccable ... try a Google search about lunchtime ....

Edit - Mail-on-line and Standard-on-line have just flagged it ....
Your source is impeccable!!!!!
What a fucking clown. You spent your time on SC who had 2 whole pages on the issue in the hour preceeding your self acclaimed bullshit. Add attention seeker to your TFC portfolio

Starting to feel a bit annoyed with myself for believing that we might actually get business done early this year.

Can’t see anything of any real significance happening before the World Cup. Not ideal again.

His comments at the time were proof enough for some of us. Pleading with the chairman for backing.
Then his statement in January, lamenting our approach in previous windows and expressing his desire to get business done swiftly in future to enable a full pre season with his squad nailed it for the rest of you. At least I thought it did.
Come on mate, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong on occassion, show some balls and do the same

"Fat rating" is one of the funniest things I've seen. Like top trumps for the obese.

Top Chumps,

rtbshaqiribase.png

Shaqiri

Fat rating 80
Weight 97kg
Height 1.73
Top Chump rating 75

His comments at the time were proof enough for some of us. Pleading with the chairman for backing.
Then his statement in January, lamenting our approach in previous windows and expressing his desire to get business done swiftly in future to enable a full pre season with his squad nailed it for the rest of you. At least I thought it did.
Come on mate, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong on occassion, show some balls and do the same
Please show me quotes of him pleading with the chairman last summer and him lamenting our approach in previous windows in January.

You concoct this idea in your head that Poch is constantly at odds with Levy. You insert meaning into his words. Then when Poch says "me and Daniel have a wonderful relationship" you don't take him at his word. You even made up a "showdown" just because they discussed contract terms.

Poch commenting that he'd like to get things done earlier in the window is normal and absolutely no one, especially myself, has suggested any different. What we have said, is that it isnt the end of the world and we won't suffer greatly for it. Which was proven. And had been proven 3 years in a row.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom