Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s crazy mate......everyone else’s failure has an echo of glory to it.

Ours is just failure though.

Fucking irony of it

The Scousers have won one League Cup in 12 years (to our one in 10yrs) ended behind us for the 8th time in 9 seasons and lost the final of the CL having had (City apart - & even that needed some creative refereeing) probably the easiest run to the final ever while we won the 'group of death' that all the experts gave us no chance in but it is Spurs that will have the team decimated because we HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING.......media bullshit that even some of our own fans buy into because LFC won the transfer window (again).

Last edited:
So Soldado, Fazio, Toby (Who was a massive hit) and Lopez who was pointless.

1/4 in...what? 6 years? That's not that bad.

Lopez cost us basically nothing, Toby we will profit on, Fazio we sold on for a profit, Soldado we still got some money although an obvious loss.

I'd argue players from France over the past 6 years have lost us more money. And no obvious "success" stories either.
We lost money on all of those players, including Fazio, and the player you’re counting as a La Liga success story played made 16 appearances for a Spanish team in his only season in Spain before making 26 appearances on loan in the PL. if anything, Toby is yet another success story from the Netherlands where we’ve scored top quality far more than busted out. ENIC should just buy Ajax and use it as Spurs’ continental academy and finishing school.

Sorry, but your idea that Spain offers more certainty in transfer dealings is well off base. It’s simply not true.

Apparently Lobotka has posted an article linking him with us on his facebook page. LINK
Guess that means hes into us, at least

:llorishowudoin:

Interesting, I'm not necessarily against it although he's not the player I had in mind when I think of improving midfield.

RM have appointed current Spain boss Julen Lopetegui as their new head coach. To begin after the WC.
If he continues on Zidane's preference for Spanish players, might edge Bale closer to the exit door...

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you are right, and i guess you disagree with Poch selecting him ahead of Toby since his return from injury?
Come on, we both know Poch not selecting him had nothing to do with his ability.

I swear if we ever sold Kane some of yous would insist we’re better off without him

But it's still a great achievement though, isn't it? If there's no difference between us and Liverpool in the chl because they lost the final, why does the two points in the league matter so much?

Its not a great achievement. They lost.
They did well to get there, no more than that....there was no achievement other than qualifying for the CL next year, and lucky for them 4th this time around means no qualifying round.

Do you really want me to explain why two points matter? Because it means we finished 3rd, which means we finished higher than 4th which means we had a better season.

If we win the league by two points, I guess you'll be praising the runners up and wondering what all the fuss is about. Fucking hell, I know you dont like me, but you've taken disagreeing for the sake of it to farcical levels.
Let it go, Im seriously starting to question your loyalties over this.

If I were Levy, I would sell Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Lloris, Sanchez, Toby, Vert, Rose and pay for the stadium in full, no debts and start fresh.

:levywhoa:

Oh well lookey lookey......

LIVERPOOL TO STEP UP ON SHAQIRI
Liverpool may well want a replacement for Nabil Fekir, but a move for Xherdan Shaqiri would be a nice way to tide them over. He’s hardly the Plan A, but at £12m why the heck not.

In the Daily Mirror, David Maddock says that Liverpool will pursue a deal for Shaqiri at the end of the World Cup, having learned that the player is very keen on the move. Course he is.

However, the Mirror do say that there is some confusion over that break clause fee, hinting that he it may be a touch higher. You wouldn’t have thought Liverpool will go much higher.

I guess tomorrow John Thomas will really want him signed asap

Liverpool may well want a replacement for Nabil Fekir, but a move for Xherdan Shaqiri would be a nice way to tide them over. He’s hardly the Plan A, but at £12m why the heck not.

In the Daily Mirror, David Maddock says that Liverpool will pursue a deal for Shaqiri at the end of the World Cup, having learned that the player is very keen on the move. Course he is.

However, the Mirror do say that there is some confusion over that break clause fee, hinting that he it may be a touch higher. You wouldn’t have thought Liverpool will go much higher.

I guess tomorrow John Thomas will really want him signed asap
Would be an awful signing for Liverpool. Doesn’t have the defensive side to his game that Klopp likes, ditto would be chewed up and spat out by Poch

This guy can't even run without the ball and he walks with the ball, he can't defend.

Back
Top Bottom