Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would like:

Martial/Pulisic (maybe Zaha as an alternative)
Kovacic

Probably get:

N’Frenchman
Keep Sissoko

Still we have a new stadium so look on the bright side.

Getting pissed off now , Fulham can get Seri and Schurle done and we struggle to get Grealish over the line , even West Ham are pulling the trigger , we've had a net spend of about 70 million over the last 10 years and clubs and much smaller clubs than us are spending that in one window !

Are we skint ? I doubt it we make big profits every year for at least a decade so it's not like we're funding the stadium from scratch , the stadium will also see us better off to the tune of about 30 million a year according to reports so it's paying for itself.

This is not a melting post and Levy and co have done a great job til now and even if we don't sign anyone this window we still have a fantastic squad that's well beyond what I thought we'd ever have in the dark old days , but ultimately I'm greedy and I want to see spurs go for it and start lifting major trophies because we won't get a better opportunity but that needs investment and Enic don't seem willing to take a risk , I thought there would be a huge statement of intent this summer but I simply can't see it happening now.

We
Apparently Grealish had his medical over yesterday and today. Due to be announced end of the week.

I’m not an ITK, just something I’ve read on a lot of Villa and Spurs threads on twitter.
We better get moving then.. . We are only on page 714, that's a long way to go before page 1000 with no signings!

Or if he plays alongside crouch, jack & the beanstalk.
if he turns in to a flop, hit the road jack.
if he jumps, jumping jack.
If he's wasted, jack daniel's.

Getting pissed off now , Fulham can get Seri and Schurle done and we struggle to get Grealish over the line , even West Ham are pulling the trigger , we've had a net spend of about 70 million over the last 10 years and clubs and much smaller clubs than us are spending that in one window !

Are we skint ? I doubt it we make big profits every year for at least a decade so it's not like we're funding the stadium from scratch , the stadium will also see us better off to the tune of about 30 million a year according to reports so it's paying for itself.

This is not a melting post and Levy and co have done a great job til now and even if we don't sign anyone this window we still have a fantastic squad that's well beyond what I thought we'd ever have in the dark old days , but ultimately I'm greedy and I want to see spurs go for it and start lifting major trophies because we won't get a better opportunity but that needs investment and Enic don't seem willing to take a risk , I thought there would be a huge statement of intent this summer but I simply can't see it happening now.

I agree. My biggest concern is Poch, he is ambitious and if we don’t match at some point he may say well that’s as much as I can do and leave.

Poch is very ambitious, we should be too. We may not get such a manager for a long time.

I agree. My biggest concern is Poch, he is ambitious and if we don’t match at some point he may say well that’s as much as I can do and leave.

Poch is very ambitious, we should be too. We may not get such a manager for a long time.
Exactly that. We may be happy with top 4 over & over again but will poch. Doesn't seem likely. We either settle for a good & very respectable top 4. Or get trophies or die trying!

giphy.gif

Greed is invariably an unhelpful characteristic SSY, it just leads to Manc- and Scouse-like entitlement, and getting pissed off with events outside your control really only hurts yourself.
Why not relax a bit, enjoy the good times, enjoy the football, and the best team of a generation, and our wonderful shiny new stadium, and support the manager and the lads with a smile?
Can't hurt, can it??

Back
Top Bottom