Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting pissed off now , Fulham can get Seri and Schurle done and we struggle to get Grealish over the line , even West Ham are pulling the trigger , we've had a net spend of about 70 million over the last 10 years and clubs and much smaller clubs than us are spending that in one window !

Are we skint ? I doubt it we make big profits every year for at least a decade so it's not like we're funding the stadium from scratch , the stadium will also see us better off to the tune of about 30 million a year according to reports so it's paying for itself.

This is not a melting post and Levy and co have done a great job til now and even if we don't sign anyone this window we still have a fantastic squad that's well beyond what I thought we'd ever have in the dark old days , but ultimately I'm greedy and I want to see spurs go for it and start lifting major trophies because we won't get a better opportunity but that needs investment and Enic don't seem willing to take a risk , I thought there would be a huge statement of intent this summer but I simply can't see it happening now.

Whatever this window brings, the harsher reality we face is that in today's climate £30m will prove largely inconsequential in the battle of the wallets.

1 x Grealish pre-wages (to be current about it).

The 'having to be smarter with our cash' modus operandi will be no less necessary moving forward.

The hope however is that we are improving our chances consolidating/sustaining our top-4 status (uggh) this time around and putting ourselves in a position to remain in contention for "Big things" (tm Poch). Let's face it last time around we had a sweet team for a while but but beyond that - the club itself - we weren't ready. A world of learning has taken place on and off the pitch since then. This time it's 3rd CL year in a row; moving into the new gaff.... According to the perspective of those that matter (Levy & Poch); we're ahead of schedule too.

I know it's a polarizing point of view; but from a pure logic point of view (regardless of any stance one perceives me to have), what we're doing is working... Why would we (i.e. Levy & Poch) change our m.o.; now of all times?

IMO, getting caught up in what other clubs are doing and straying from our own game-plan is folly...

Just an opinion; but for me, in sacrificing his principals; Klopp's just put a time-bomb under himself. Anyone think City & Utd. are sweating over their activity? It's nothing to them and those providing the cash for Liverpool will soon learn this (though Trampy The Klown may not survive to tell the tale.).

Poch however? My money says he'll still be here... Building... Making us stronger.

Last edited:
Greed is invariably an unhelpful characteristic SSY, it just leads to Manc- and Scouse-like entitlement, and getting pissed off with events outside your control really only hurts yourself.
Why not relax a bit, enjoy the good times, enjoy the football, and the best team of a generation, and our wonderful shiny new stadium, and support the manager and the lads with a smile?
Can't hurt, can it??

I am doing all these things mate but when I'm seeing Brighton , Wolves , Southampton , West Ham , Everton ,Fulham , Huddersfield etc having 40-90 million pound net spends and we are seemingly trying to pull villa's pants down over Grealish and refusing to invest until we can squeeze every penny out of Janssen Nkoudou Llorente etc seems a risky strategy

Ridiculous state of affairs when (according to the media) Man U don't want Martial but won't sell to Spurs but do want Toby buy won't pay the asking price. Maureen being his usual Cuntish self.

Why they just don't come a compromise that suits both parties is anyone's guess.

Assuming the media talk has any substance of course.

Ridiculous state of affairs when (according to the media) Man U don't want Martial but won't sell to Spurs but do want Toby buy won't pay the asking price. Maureen being his usual Cuntish self.

Why they just don't come a compromise that suits both parties is anyone's guess.

Assuming the media talk has any substance of course.

It's a dance.

Everyone needs to seem like the Alpha. Everyone needs to save face

I'm hearing we've been offered the promising teenager Fleetwood MacDonald, a box-to-box midfielder from Dumbarton.

By a strange coincidence, I know of a song that describes my feelings on that deal...

giphy.gif

It would make me laugh so hard if we did to them what they have done to us and others for all these years :dembelelol:

All this Martial talk has got me way to excited.

It 23.09 on a Wednesday night, I’m at sixes and sevens now. Oohhhh noooooo.
Your at 6’s and 7’s. You wanna see it on SC! Total meltdown of pants creaming over Hercules last post. Of course it will all turn out to be bullshit. Using the usual “ITK phrases” like “if it happens”. But still everyone has gone totally ape shit over there, pages and pages of hissing games on a cryptic message that, as usual mentions no actual player, but would of course be a big signing. Has anyone else seen it.
I would so love to say. Get a fucking grip this is the usual BS we here from ITK towards the end of the window, just as everyone is wound up at no signings they come in with a “ keep them talking” cryptic. But of course I can’t say that, because I am banned for saying it before on SC

Back
Top Bottom