Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"In a market where most players are £50m+ I wouldn't be letting anyone go for free either!
The collective value of stretching out all these extra years is massive.
The problem is we often buy high, sell low.
Maguire is a perfect example. A small upgrade on Jones and yet we'd likely have to spend £65m and then be lucky to recoup £20m for Jones.
Mourinho seems to be improving the sale prices.
I guess part of the problem is we way over pay on salaries. We don't need to be doubling salaries all the time!"

Interesting.... United fan wants his big spendy, "we can get anyone" club to be more... How can I put it... Like Spurs, really.

Sissoko re-upping good with you? :levyeyes:
giphy.gif

We should put a bid in for Milinkovic Savic. Villa will think we've lost interest in Grealish while it will muddy the waters of any rival clubs' ongoing discussions with Lazio.

Sorry mate. It’s late, it’s hot, and I’m grumpy.

That’s a phrase that just annoys me. It’s ‘I couldn’t care less’, as in not being able to care less about a person, event, or thing.

‘Could care less’ is basically saying you kind of like them.

Do I like my wife? I could care less about her, but I don’t.

Do I like my wife? I really couldn’t care less about her.

@Americans

Come on Glasgow. ‘Could care less’ implies that there is a level of not caring that you haven’t yet reached.

‘Couldn’t care less’ means you have reached that level. Jerry is right - it’s just plain wrong and makes no sense.

And how do you both not know that's not exactly what I didn't mean? :)

I knew it would be Messi.............

Who: Hercules
Where: SC
When: 25th July 2018
Fasten your seatbelts for fireworks of, if it happens, a good kind. Too much plausible to say more. I would be kind of brave, but see what happens when I attempt to be. Call it playing poker to get what you want in 3 fronts. If it happens then I will salute the bald eagle.

Ridiculous state of affairs when (according to the media) Man U don't want Martial but won't sell to Spurs but do want Toby buy won't pay the asking price. Maureen being his usual Cuntish self.

Why they just don't come a compromise that suits both parties is anyone's guess.

Assuming the media talk has any substance of course.

United are just scared of getting embarrassed over him, you can see why.....mourinho has a knack of doing it with younger players and Poch has the opposite reputation

BREAKING NEWS:
Spurs confirmed that they will not be ready for transfer deadline day, and have put in a request to the FA to have an extension so they can have their own transfer deadline day while they are at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom