Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’re so far ahead of the curve, we signed this season’s signings, last season.

1jqcf8.jpg

Well, Poch has said that new signings needs at least 6 months...

We dont need to sign unless we sell
Sorry my friend, but thats garbage.
If our trophy cabinet was laden with silverware your statement might have some credence, but how can you possibly think we can move forward while standing still.
I think its this kind of attitude that says lets accept being perennial nearly men that needs to be stamped out of our club really.
And that includes the board and a section of our fanbase.
Man City sold £94m worth of players last season.
£78m in 15/16
The didn’t sell much in 16/17 , they had a new manager.
Man U sold £74 m in 15/16 and £50m in 16/17
Only £10m last season.

If the two richest clubs in PL have to sell players to accommodate new ones wage bills and fees.
Then why are we any different.
We would have to sell as we haven’t the commercial pull of those two to soak up a season of non sales.

Even Liverpool sell to buy.
Sold £183m last season
£75m year before
£54m 15/16
£78m 14/15
Having net spends of
Minus £28m 17/18
Minus £7m 16/17
£28m 15/16
£38m 14/15

Of course the mighty Spurs don’t need to sell.

Bunch of Fener fans here in Vienna, one that's a friend of mine says they rated Janssen highly and are excited to have him back. He scored against Besiktas early on in his time there, bet that helped cement their opinion of him. He got hurt around Christmas if I remember, barely played after that due to recovery.

Let’s get one thing quite clear.
We have always been a cup team.
We have never been nearly men in anyhting until the last few seasons.
Don’t compare us to Liverpool, Man U, or even Woolwich when it comes to titles.
That’s without the money teams.
We won a few trophies in the 80’s. It was nice but it wasn’t the norm.
We have won3 Fa Cups 2 league and a UEFA since I’ve been going Spurs.
That’s 42 years. Best league form 3 3rds in 6 season in 80’s, yo yoing in between.
The last 10 years, especially last 4, have been the best league consistently I’ve ever seen.
Yet now we are nearly men.

So is Janssen on Levy or Pochettino?

Why the fuck did Levy pay that much for him?
Iirc correct the general consensus was that Son was shit and Janssen was the man, we’d signed a quality player, early and it was a Poch signing.
Now he’s shit, Son is great and we all want to give him away.

So is Janssen on Levy or Pochettino?

Why the fuck did Levy pay that much for him?
Iirc correct the general consensus was that Son was shit and Janssen was the man, we’d signed a quality player, early and it was a Poch signing.
Now he’s shit, Son is great and we all want to give him away.
I still rate Janssen, he was never given a chance here with Harry up top.

I still rate Janssen, he was never given a chance here with Harry up top.

Certainly disagree with this. Janssen was used alongside Kane a bit at the very beginning of the season. Kane then got injured for 3 months where Janssen got ample opportunity to establish himself in that position. But, we really struggled to score (Janssen especially) and our form was pretty poor because of it.

My issue with Janssen is I just don't think he's physically suited to playing in this league. He doesn't have the pace to worry even an average pace CB. That's not the be all and end all but he's also not someone like Llorente who is dominant in the air to make up for it. He's talented and could become a very useful player for a team in another league, but I can't see it being in this one and certainly not for Spurs.

I would like the Toby situation to resolve positively, but given that is unlikely, a straight swap for Martial is fantastic. I don't understand the Zaha comparisons - I think Martial is miles better than Zaha and 3 years younger. Likely this won't happen, but I think Martial has been chronically underutilized by Mourinho and would thrive under Poch. With our new wage structure we should be able to bring him on as well.

United have approached for Maguire. Whether this will affect any Martial deal remains to be seen, but I can't imagine United also wanting Alderweireld if they are after Maguire, unless they consider a straight swap between Martial and Alderweireld.

Of course Leicester could reject the approach as they don't have to sell, they have made a buck off of Mahrez.

Back
Top Bottom