Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why aren't we in the hunt for Maguire???

He can't go to Man Utd, he will just become a cunt.

£60m+ reasons why.... Shoulda rolled the dice when Leicester did if it was gonna happen.

That said, questionable if we'd have signed Davinson if we did do the above.

Maybe if we were looking to replace Jan with another cultured left-footer then yeh, but the timings all wrong on that front.

Foyth/Dav/McG

Would be quite the prospect moving fwd though...

You think we will keep what we have?
If playing a back 3/5 there is surely?

I don't think that's going to be our dominant formation this season.

Really see us doing more of 4-3-3 if we're getting away from the 4-2-3-1

Toby barely played last season after Sanchez took his spot. Poch like Foyth, so he'll get matches.

Jan is stilling playing at his best level. If we go for another CB, I think it'll be another Foyth type of signing.

I don't think that's going to be our dominant formation this season.

Really see us doing more of 4-3-3 if we're getting away from the 4-2-3-1

Toby barely played last season after Sanchez took his spot. Poch like Foyth, so he'll get matches.

Jan is stilling playing at his best level. If we go for another CB, I think it'll be another Foyth type of signing.

Guess we'll see in time... Reckon Foyth is watching very closely though.

Because it'd be stupid to spend £60,000,000 on Maguire when we can get de Ligt for cheaper.

..or just keep Toby.

Price diff = negligible really... (DeLigt reportedly £55m-£60m.)

HMcG is HG & EPL experienced too.

If signing a player for NOW then there is a case for HG being the shrewder move... If time is not a factor; sure, buy the younger guy with the higher ceiling.

...But yeh, I'd be shocked if we bought a CB - whatever the price - should TA stay.

giphy.gif

I’m huge Maguire fan. But I’d rather get a new Toby deAl

Give the choice; No money nor bullshit attached.... I'd ditch the ageing guy that evidently doesn't want to be here.

HMcG will continue to improve.... Toby less so; in fact more likely to physically deteriorate.

TBH, given that we've already got 2 very young CBs in the main squad already I think I'd prefer HMcG to DeLigt too...

Last edited:

LOL ...State of everybody involved!

Bunch of meaningless, chest-beating, bravado...

So seeing as the TA money would be redirected straight into the Martial deal, we won't have anything close to £50m to spend on a 3rd/4th choice CB (i.e. No DeLight, No McGuire).... So who would we think likely? ...Would even the likes of MAwson now be outside of said adjusted price range?

(We risk Dier being a key CM this season, so don't think it wise we lean on Dier on both fronts.)

I could see it being more of a 4-3-3 against teams that park the bus and a 4-2-3-1 against the top teams to solidify the defense. I don't see us using 3 at the back much this season, especially if Toby leaves.

Back
Top Bottom