Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

j.gif
Not even Clooney can pull off the mullet look...

Im into it. I like the idea of Lobotka paired alongside Dier, or in a 3 with Sissoko or Eriksen, too.

The guy is a real workhorse and could develop into something like a poor man's modric (maybe more than that?). Guess there will be questions though as to why we didn't pursue Torreira if we were in for a player like Lobotka, but whatever...

Price is higher than he should really going for, but I guess thats TV revenue inflation for you. (Reminds me of the NBA and how even middling players can fetch ridiculous contracts these days)

I like it.

Outta nowhere so the ITKs will pull up their trousers in an embarrassing fashion and desperately make out like they knew all along.

Boosting central midfield.

Trying to get a young player just before their profile could explode.

Name would look snazzy on a third kit.
:levywhoa:
I cant think of Lobotka without immediately thinking of Frank Sobotka.

I'm not really sure if this makes me a yes or no.

Jack Grealish as our player to change things - amazing.

More of a setup play for a future window- lets us buy another non-CL homegrown player for use elsewhere in the squad, and helps protect us against Eriksen running his contract down. Adds some depth throughout midfield and very importantly lets us play a midfield three of Dier, Sissoko, and Grealish this next couple months, which would free up Eriksen for attacking duties. Probably is a better all-around buy than Lobotka for the same kind of money...

More of a setup play for a future window- lets us buy another non-CL homegrown player for use elsewhere in the squad, and helps protect us against Eriksen running his contract down. Adds some depth throughout midfield and very importantly lets us play a midfield three of Dier, Sissoko, and Grealish this next couple months, which would free up Eriksen for attacking duties. Probably is a better all-around buy than Lobotka for the same kind of money...
We needed 2/3 players of evident quality to push our top 16 players now.

Grealish looks a prospect for tomorrow. Our greater need is for today.

Last edited:
I was thinking more of Whiteman since he was on the preseason tour. As little as we use our 3rd keeper wouldn't it make sense to use someone who will count towards homegrown quota?
He complained about having to leave Lamela out as an option for the group stages but had Whiteman , or didn’t lose a keeper.
We’d probably suffer freak injuries to both keepers

Lobotka is apparently more of a forward moving DM rather than an AM (but can play there according to Transfermarkt). More the Modric mold of player than Eriksen

Back
Top Bottom