Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

40m for Grealish is a joke, he isn’t worth 20m if you ask me.

If we let Toby go to United without Martial coming our way I’ll be absolutely fuming.

Brozovic is a good player but he doesn’t improve our first 11, good player to have in the squad. Not sure Inter will let him leave anyway to be honest.

Ready for the conclusion of transfer window summer 2018

Not expecting any signing today or tomorrow

Expect zilch to two signings and Toby to leave

Which brings me back to the point I made earlier (again, without giving credence to SC's claims re: Martial): if we've allowed our HG quota to get so out of shape that it's preventing us signing affordable, quality non-HG players, then it's a massive fuck-up on our part.
What I don’t understand about this is looking at our squad and the amount of young English talent we have compared to the likes of city, United
, Chelsea and Liverpool. How come they are not all in real trouble here and wouldn’t have been able to sign any non HG players but they have! Surely we were in better shape them all of the HG wise at the start of the window?

I’d say both but then that would probably preclude us from buying a different and possibly better dm type in the winter. Grealish is great for a bare minimum utility type purchase to help us get through this next period, and set us up for the next window and beyond, without needing to spunk our whole transfer load for the season.

The idea about getting a young cl homegrown 3rd choice keeper/Vorm replacement is a good one too. Obviously the rules are stupid and arcane, but we still have to deal with them.
Actually looked up Gazz and he joined Gillingham at 19. Only a couple of fucking months from being a homegrown :lamelaaghh:

40m for Grealish is a joke, he isn’t worth 20m if you ask me.

If we let Toby go to United without Martial coming our way I’ll be absolutely fuming.

Brozovic is a good player but he doesn’t improve our first 11, good player to have in the squad. Not sure Inter will let him leave anyway to be honest.

So you are quite happy to lose £35m to have Toby for a few games next season?

What I don’t understand about this is looking at our squad and the amount of young English talent we have compared to the likes of city, United
, Chelsea and Liverpool. How come they are not all in real trouble here and wouldn’t have been able to sign any non HG players but they have! Surely we were in better shape them all of the HG wise at the start of the window?
According to a not always reliable source elsewhere City had 18 senior players last season, only 4 home grown (Sterling, Delph, Walker & Stones).

I don't know if that's true or not, I do know it's a matter that's barely mentioned for all other clubs apart from us. I suspect it's this year's excuse, little more

Seems very harsh tbh. It's like as soon as he's out the bin people are voting him back in before he's hardly posted...
I love the self regulation idea, but it seems to be getting abused in his case.

And it’s probably those that have him on ignore who voted him in

Love the way we were told we couldn't sign decent players because we weren't in the Champions League, now we've had a sustained period in the competition we haven't taken advantage at all.

If Levy pulls a rabbit out of the hat now then he is going to make a lot of people look like a bunch of whinging idiots, but I really have no faith in him at all, been years since he produced any real magic transfer window wise.

We've had a huge jump in the price of season tickets and no players, he is really skating on thin ice. The shiny new stadium won't distract people for ever, and if he wants it filled on a consistent basis then he needs to make sure Poch has the very best players wise.
Sanchez
Alderwiereld
Dele
Davies
Dier

I understand the Levy haters. Why he’s frustrating. He doesn’t talk like others either. Never explains himself, never defends himself. Never brags about the likes of transfers such as Dele or Bale either.
But Levy doesn’t get credit for them signings above.
Pochettino does.

Those players cost us what £50-60m. I’d say that is magic.
And they weren’t ‘years’ ago.

Back
Top Bottom