Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lobotka is apparently more of a forward moving DM rather than an AM (but can play there according to Transfermarkt). More the Modric mold of player than Eriksen

I’d say both but then that would probably preclude us from buying a different and possibly better dm type in the winter. Grealish is great for a bare minimum utility type purchase to help us get through this next period, and set us up for the next window and beyond, without needing to spunk our whole transfer load for the season.

The idea about getting a young cl homegrown 3rd choice keeper/Vorm replacement is a good one too. Obviously the rules are stupid and arcane, but we still have to deal with them.

We needed 2/3 players of the quality to push our top 16 players now.

Grealish looks a prospect for tomorrow. Our greater need is for today.

I agree- this window is fucked. I’m just trying to suggest the bare minimum to make the best of it. From my perspective, the club needs to make some kind of signing in CM. Dembele could decide he’ll never tackle hard again while he tries to stay healthy for his last contract. Winks and Wanyama have been way too injured the last 18 months. Gotta get somebody on board, even if it’s just a depth purchase. If not we could be in an even worse bargaining position come winter.

Eye-tee-...Kay?

:levyeyes:
Far from it, due to the fact I know fuck all about anything. Just a gut feeling mate.

I’m still not ruling out Martial until the window closes. As for Zaha I think he’ll stay now. Grealish and either a centre mid or striker, all depends on whether Alderweireld and Dembele go.

[AS] are now of the understanding that Tottenham Hotspur could make a move for Maxi Gomez before Thursday’s deadline day. The Celta Vigo forward is believed to be interesting Spurs with the club eyeing up a potential transfer before the close of the summer window.

We’re serjously not going to sign anyone lol.

Toby to leave to United, Dier will play as a CDM but be our back up CB.

Son isn’t going to be available most of the season and Lucas to be his replacement.

Dembele is going to be injured for chunks of the season as will Winks and we’ll be seeing Sissoko play centrally.

Panic panic panic

Love the way we were told we couldn't sign decent players because we weren't in the Champions League, now we've had a sustained period in the competition we haven't taken advantage at all.

If Levy pulls a rabbit out of the hat now then he is going to make a lot of people look like a bunch of whinging idiots, but I really have no faith in him at all, been years since he produced any real magic transfer window wise.

We've had a huge jump in the price of season tickets and no players, he is really skating on thin ice. The shiny new stadium won't distract people for ever, and if he wants it filled on a consistent basis then he needs to make sure Poch has the very best players wise.

£40m for Grealish?

Fuck off!

Unless we can pay in installments, i.e. £1m a year until the debt it cleared.

:)

If not, move on and forget it. He's decent but not really worth this much time and effort. Go for somebody else and quickly!

Back
Top Bottom