Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah nah he looked very iffy in the group games. Do not want. It's not hard to look good when the team you're playing is missing their best player and most creative outlet and thus decides to ping long balls up the field to an ageing and declining Falcao (against 3 CBs too). Might as well go after Mina because he looked just as good if not better throughout the tournament (not really a fan of him either because he was out of position a lot and was covered by a brilliant Sanchez for 3/4 games). The moment the ball was on the ground and players were running at him he didn't look confident at all and made quite a few mistakes against the likes of Tunisia and Panama. He didn't set the world on fire at Leicester either this past season.

I really like the idea of Mina as I think he is extremely talented and also would accept a season of rotation behind Jan. Is it realistic though?

Maguire I think is better than you are giving him credit for, but on the other hand, I have a hard time seeing him want to leave Leicester for a rotation role behind Jan after only 1 season there. It'd almost be better to go for him next summer instead given where our development is at.

Having had weeks now to consider it, I'm actually a big fan of selling Toby, and simply replacing him with a lot more Dier and Foyth. Take the money we'd use on a CB and add it to the CM pot to make sure we get the right signing there.

In total think I'd be satisfied if we could simply bag Ndombele and Grealish, with Toby and Dembele leaving.

Rose/Grimaldo would be a great in/out for us too. Rose being homegrown we'd have to pick up a homegrown to make up the numbers, and I guess that is part of how Grealish finds himself in our transfer rumors. Grealish I actually feel better about now as I am pretty sure he would accept a season fighting for a place in the squad even if we sold no one from attack this summer, which I like because it means we can tell more of these greedy clubs to fuck off and keep a better transfer posture for ourselves.

You can really feel the transfer window tension building right now!
We're getting a lot closer to the action boys!
:ledleylick:

Kicker started a rumour that we have bid 50m Euros for Pulisic - makes a lot of sense ... getting it done whilst the World Cup / Football / Spurs are big news in the US also makes good sense ....

Adding arguably the best USA prospect to our squad will build on our USA exposure, an obvious key part of our growth strategy, and at age 19 he may well (under Poch) prove to be a very good player .... it's just a rumor but I could see this happening .... it should be noted that if he signs at age 19 and stays three years until he's 21 he will qualify as a 'Club-Trained player' ( a player who was on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21 ) he then qualifies as a 'Home Grown player' under UEFA CL rules, that 'Home-Grown' status would also apply for any other EPL club, this potentially would increase his value immensely .... and you know DL likes that ......
Not sure that's the case. From this...

Premier League Home Grown Players rule – how does it work? | Goal.com

'Home Grown' simply means that a player must have been on the books of a club affiliated with the Football Association for at least three years before they turn 21 – it does not mean that they have to be English.

He's too old. We'd need to be signing foreign 17 year olds to comply with this.

'Home Grown' simply means that a player must have been on the books of a club affiliated with the Football Association for at least three years before they turn 21 – it does not mean that they have to be English.

Man Spurs really need to get a formal feeder club in League One to help out with this.
Would be nice to have somewhere to send kids on loan where we ensure they play with the clubs tactics and values.

You may well be right although that's the EPL rules .... I was talking UEFA and Champions League where they don't seem to have the 'prior to their 21st birthday' included in their rules, but as you say if that is the case then signing him at 19 will be to late ....

UEFA Champions League squads: how it works

UEFA

This rule applies regardless of the nationality of the player meaning that young players who move to a different country between the ages of 15 and 21 and who have played for three full seasons in that country will be regarded as locally trained in that country.

EPL

The FA Premier League rules which are to be adopted at the beginning of the 2010/11 season will work along the same lines as the UEFA rules. Therefore home grown players for FA Premier League purposes will be players who have been registered with either the English or Welsh Football Associations for a period of 36 months prior to their 21st birthday.

NBC Sports are now reporting that we have tabled a bid for Pulisic

Levy now going all in and fuck the expense..........

money-change-coins-dollars-dollar-bills-crumpled-close-up-table-88310918.jpg

Honestly speaking....he looked like utter shit this WC imo. Poor positioning, shit passing, just looked terrible.
I thought he looked real good in their second group match. Absolutely dominated the midfield in that one. But it is pretty clear that he has a temper and once he sees red he has to be reigned in

Back
Top Bottom