Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something to consider: Fulham are, if I'm correct, potentially one result away from confirming relegation.

If Spurs' rumoured interest in Sessegnon and Mitrovic is true, then we should be getting those deals negotiated now to be made the second the window opens.
Sess would be lovely. His stock has fallen too so I imagine will be cheaper than last season.

Progressive club who back their managers.

Complete contrast to us and they have, in my opinion a quality manager.

Said it when we beat them at our place. They are the model we were.

What if we are prepared and willing to back our manager but the players we are targeting are a notch above anything we are used to trying to get through the door?

We've gone from signing Fazio & Stambouli to having concrete interest in Frenkie De Jong. It's far harder to get those kind of deals over the line and I'm sure if the club and manager see someone they really like they will make the right moves for them.

Is it that our expectations on quality has gone up so much that we are being overly ambitious or expectant based on our status in the game or is it wise that we know the quality we want and won't budge in how progressive a top player will be? Hard to say but I am certain De Jong, Grealish & Puig would have been good signings and I'm glad we were seemingly in for both last summer. Others I've seen us linked with I haven't been sure about.

Ramsey is reportedly on an insane wage too.

They do need to shift.

I think it will all depend on Dybala. If they get big money for him, that might scupper our chances.

Would like Costa. Truth be told, I haven't watched much of him this season.

Can he play trough the middle at all?

tumblr_owhmv5wWM01rud800o1_540.gif

So Lamela has managed to pick up another injury in the training before Liverpool.

I like Lamela a lot - but the ratio of games where he's fit/injured is just terrible. We're probably going to have to cut our losses soon, which is a damn shame.

[FORMATION=4231,Debatable,Bissaka,Sanchez,Vertonghen,Sessegnon,Diawara,Winks,Moura,Alli,Son,Kane]second-kit[/FORMATION]
I got murdered for suggesting that Hugo shouldn't be the captain after being caught drink-driving...now after an admittedly uneven season when he's only been the 3rd or 4th best keeper in the league, people are clamoring to toss him out the door?

Fucking christ, the prison-of-the-moment syndrome in this place is shocking at times.

I got murdered for suggesting that Hugo shouldn't be the captain after being caught drink-driving...now after an admittedly uneven season when he's only been the 3rd or 4th best keeper in the league, people are clamoring to toss him out the door?

Fucking christ, the prison-of-the-moment syndrome in this place is shocking at times.

You're only as good as your last match on here.

Same goes with the manager.

Progressive club who back their managers.

Complete contrast to us and they have, in my opinion a quality manager.

Said it when we beat them at our place. They are the model we were.
Are you talking about the same Leicester that are on their 7th manager total, 4th with full appointment, in the past 26 months? The same Leicester that aside from the miracle* have finished 14th, 12th, and 9th in the past 4 seasons and current sit 8th and closer to relegation than the Europa league places?

What the fuck are you on, and do you have any extra?

Back their fucking manager, lol. Where? Right into the sack? Jesus.

We should admire and emulate Leicester, like fuck!

:dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom