Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many goals and or points did Trippier cost us last season? I know he wasn’t great, but did his performances really effect us that much?

More than Kane being injured? Hugo and his brain farts? No midfield cover? Wanyama and Dier being poor? Attempting to bed in Sanchez and Foyth? Dele not being on it as he previously had been? Sissoko trying to hail a taxi?

Is Trippier really responsible for us losing that many goals and points? Would having the best right back in the world, whoever that is, really have menat us finishing higher in the league or winning a trophy?
Well said....I’ve been trying to gauge that last paragraph for months.

I’ve asked people to pick any RB in the history of football and swap him for Trippier.
Then do the same with Eriksen for any midfielder in the history of football and be honest about which one would give us a better season last time out.

Apparently the team of last season with Eriksen AND Trippier would be better than swapping Eriksen for a prime Paul Gascoigne, Glenn Hoddle or Johan Cruyff.

And also Wan Bissaka would make more of an impact than Hazard (HES DIFFERENT!!!) or DeBruyne

How many goals and or points did Trippier cost us last season? I know he wasn’t great, but did his performances really effect us that much?

More than Kane being injured? Hugo and his brain farts? No midfield cover? Wanyama and Dier being poor? Attempting to bed in Sanchez and Foyth? Dele not being on it as he previously had been? Sissoko trying to hail a taxi?

Is Trippier really responsible for us losing that many goals and points? Would having the best right back in the world, whoever that is, really have menat us finishing higher in the league or winning a trophy?

He cost us the match against City.

But without that, the dippers would have won the league so I'm not going to hate on him for that. 4D chess from Frodo on that one! :D

You’re so thick aren’t you.
Here I will explain.

Sammy judged Eriksen on last season.

Some posters lumped his entire spurs history together as a counter argument.

Sammy then did the same specifically for Trippier with the sole purpose of knowing full well people would count it differently.

Little Dane fell right into the trap.

:harrylol:
I’m sure you did pal, I’m sure you did

Wasnt this always going to be the case since hes still on vacation from U21s?

The U21 Euros finished 30th June and Real Madrid's first friendly game in this tournament is 21st July with their last one on the 27th. Players get 3 weeks off so there's every chance RM have just given him extra leave with this one being in the US. At the same time not naming him could be telling it's hard to say based on the time all the u21 players are allowed before they start pre-season.

Back
Top Bottom