Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love him. Don’t understand your post mate.
giphy.gif

How many goals and or points did Trippier cost us last season? I know he wasn’t great, but did his performances really effect us that much?

More than Kane being injured? Hugo and his brain farts? No midfield cover? Wanyama and Dier being poor? Attempting to bed in Sanchez and Foyth? Dele not being on it as he previously had been? Sissoko trying to hail a taxi?

Is Trippier really responsible for us losing that many goals and points? Would having the best right back in the world, whoever that is, really have menat us finishing higher in the league or winning a trophy?

If Trippier was in poor form; Poch would have dropped him. Its clear he was playing as instructed by Poch but other factors led to the mistakes.

For instance, without Dembele, our main passing route from the back is Toby. Opposition knew this and stuck to him like glue. As a result we saw Toby playing sideways balls to Tripps which he didn't expect (and was out of position) and Lloris playing poor passes to Tripps who was immediately under pressure. This also had a knock on effect to Eriksen who had to drop deeper to pick up the ball.

We need 2 or 3 players capable of bringing the ball out from the back with confidence - Hopefully with Toby, Winks and Ndombele playing we will have plugged that gap.

How many goals and or points did Trippier cost us last season? I know he wasn’t great, but did his performances really effect us that much?

More than Kane being injured? Hugo and his brain farts? No midfield cover? Wanyama and Dier being poor? Attempting to bed in Sanchez and Foyth? Dele not being on it as he previously had been? Sissoko trying to hail a taxi?

Is Trippier really responsible for us losing that many goals and points? Would having the best right back in the world, whoever that is, really have menat us finishing higher in the league or winning a trophy?
I'm not convinced by all the negativity about Tripps. I think that he has the ability to be a really good asset. He's already a convincing WB. His crosses could be better with training from the staff. I know he made mistakes last season which really cost us but with work on quicker thinking, perhaps one on one with Poch, I really don't know, I think he could be excellent RB. I think he's aware of his deficiencies and that will affect his confidence but hopefully he stays and shows us the right stuff next season. So all detractors, please give him the chance to find himself.

Back
Top Bottom