Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aside from me guessing that you mean RB; please tell me, once and for all, catagorically where the fuck you have plucked this notion from? ....Regardless of any wild theories one may have, how does it "LOOK" like he may be our new FB?

(This request extends to anyone that has said this over the last couple of weeks?)

Yes LB. (EDIT RB)

Poch played him there a few times towards the end of last season. Also, he played there for Argentina at Copa America - this would suggest that the Argentinian coach had talked to Poch about his suitability in that position.

Last edited:
P.s. We havent "always" been a midtable club.... Perhaps you ought to go and read about our very real "history of success" that you're dismissing just to convince yourself that precious Gareth will come back to save us.... Much the same, s'funny how degrading i find your comments whilst you simultaneously peddle the falsehood that one CL final miraculously catapults poor "midtable" us to being bigger than Juventus.

Correct. We have also been relegation candidates. In 35 years spurs have won 2 milk cups and an FA cup.

The point is, with one of the best coaches, new stadium, world class training facilities, very stable finances and world class players in Kane, Alli, Eriksen (?) and Son - we are now a very attractive prospect for players who are seeking success.

Bring back that pistol packin papa back brother. It aint bullwhipping sense but it's a drag at Madrid and he we hit a raccoon at 100 yards.
That mother hick Mongosse needs love and l got a double load.
Hope its a happening.

Yes LB.

Poch played him there a few times towards the end of last season.

Name one.

(He played one game against WH at RB with Trippier nor Aurier in the squad.)

Also, he played there for Argentina at Copa America - this would suggest that the Argentinian coach had talked to Poch about his suitability in that position.

He played RB for Argentina.... The later part of this statement is frankly made-up nonsense.

Evidently you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Name one.

(He played one game against WH at RB with Trippier nor Aurier in the squad.)

He played RB for Argentina.... The later part of this statement is frankly made-up nonsense.

Evidently you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I meant RB. He played RB against CITY and kept Sterling quiet the entire game.

Do you really believe the coach of Argentina randomly decided to play Foyth at RB through his own hunch.

Isn't it possible he spoke with Poch too see how he was progressing? And Poch suggested he would be good at RB

Last edited:
Correct. We have also been relegation candidates. In 35 years spurs have won 2 milk cups and an FA cup.

The point is, with one of the best coaches, new stadium, world class training facilities, very stable finances and world class players in Kane, Alli, Eriksen (?) and Son - we are now a very attractive prospect for players who are seeking success.

Nonsense, your contradiction wasn't routed in that 'point' at all.

The point you rejected was: "We where a stepping stone for him and nothing else."

No-one suggested one (you) can't conjure up a narrative to convince themselves he'll return.

If you genuinely believe we are now such an upwardly mobile prospect, maybe you can afford to stop yearning for the comfort blanket of the likes of Bale coming back and CE not leaving (how's his 1 year extention coming along btw? Pffffft.....).

I meant RB.

So despite me initially asking you if you actually meant RB and you saying "No, LB"; now you meant RB after afterall? :roll:

So what are these multiple times he played RB for us then?

Do you really believe the coach of Argentina randomly decided to play Foyth at RB through his own hunch.

Isn't it possible he spoke with Poch too see how he was progressing? And Poch suggested he would be good at RB

Mostly likely he was aware that Foyth had played there and tried him out there in training.... The assumption that the Arg manager and Poch were in cahoots isn't very plausible. (Notably he started the tournament at CB).

Do you think it's a given that when Hodgson put Kane on corners a few years back, that was a Poch-born directive too?

This bale offer might well be true but I can’t see him agreeing to coming back. We where a stepping stone for him and nothing else
We were a stepping stone for him he has no affinity to the club, but we aint the club he left, we are one of the brightest prospects in European football right now, and he should be begging poch for a chance to end his career on a high!

We were a stepping stone for him he has no affinity to the club, but we aint the club he left, we are one of the brightest prospects in European football right now, and he should be begging poch for a chance to end his career on a high!

He's in no rush to leave Madrid....

#WorldsHighestPaidGolfer

He's in no rush to leave Madrid....

#WorldsHighestPaidGolfer
Training with poch or playing golf in the sun? I honestly think he would chose the golf, he has won enough to retire successful, part of me wants him to come back to us with a point to prove , but his time at Madrid has hardly been a flop so what has he got to prove , it’s a pipe dream having him back here and playing like the old bale, but I would be gutted if we saw him go to United and play like the superstar he was......

Gareth will be fine if we wrap him in cotton wool

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom