Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

.....I liked the second matrix film

:levyeyes:
You have many opinions, and although being on this forum has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably wrong. Ergo, you may believe you appreciate some sub-standard film sequels while others do not. Concordantly, while your post may be contrarian, you may or may not realise it is also misguided.

thumbnailImage

Nah, seriously though it's not awful. I quite like the underlying idea of the matrix-One process being cyclical but felt it all got wasted in the end.
:allitongue:

McFadden a Sancho Panza to Ally the Don?

The Sausage an able Cervinces? should your nation carry out that great success

Its only the team not playing ball
No, I must admit there was no conscious intertextuality there. I just thought about McFadden's amazing goal against France and Ally's Army being humiliated in Argentina. Sorry it was so basic.

Looks like Vinny has finally found a new club, shame he just wasn’t good enough for us.

It's often a risk taking a player on that's banging in goals in Holland.
Saying that, at the time we were linked with him - I was really keen to see him join with age on his side.
Now I feel he let us down, and we let him down. Kind of fucked his career really. He could have been a 1 in 3 man in the Turkish league by now.

All the best VJ.

You have many opinions, and although being on this forum has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably wrong. Ergo, you may believe you appreciate some sub-standard film sequels while others do not. Concordantly, while your post may be contrarian, you may or may not realise it is also misguided.

thumbnailImage

Nah, seriously though it's not awful. I quite like the underlying idea of the matrix-One process being cyclical but felt it all got wasted in the end.
:allitongue:

I like the concept too but often wondered if just like society today people would be classified at different levels....AA / AAA / C/D etc etc :thumbdown: :roflmao: :roflmao:

My guess is that it's something to do with knuckles and arseholes.
Found the opening chapter

Do him good? Do ye know what he does when he gets a red?

He goes to his deaf Grandmother's assisted living place, you know it's a ground floor terrace with a walk in bath. Handles everywhere. Anyway, he goes there, unannounced, but that means fuck all cause the old cunt is deaf, makes himself right at home. But he's no happy. She's watching 15 to 1 repeats wi the wee sign language cunt giving it yeeha in the corner. The volume is through the roof. She assumes he's there for a cup o cocoa like the old days. The old days when he was nice. She fucks off to the kitchen to put a pan o milk on the hob. She's making some din, but The Hood just needed to get away from it all and clear his head. He begins to realise he came to the wrong place. He can't hear himself think. Just been carded off TFC and she's banging around in the cupboards and 15 to 1 for the deaf is fucken blaring away in the corner. Know what he does? Do ye know? He fucken undoes his tweeds and starts trying to fist his own arse right there in her living room. Now he can hear the carriage clock on the mantel as he tries to get another knuckle in. He fucken hates himself. It's all too much but he won't be defeated. He will not. Not again.

Then she comes through with the cocoa. She deaf not blind. Poor cunt.

I am really concerned about Foyth being our first choice RB, it seems like a huge risk that could end up biting us in the arse.

With him and Davies we will seriously lack pace in both of those positions and our formation really relies on getting them pushed up high, unless of course Poch is going to change the way we play, which is of course a possibility.

I dunno, I still think we need a RB (and a LB if Rose leaves) some competition for Eriksen (LO Celso) and a different option from the bench for Kane when he is having a stinker.

I do think however that if we fail to sign anybody else we will still make top 4, no doubt about that.

The question is though, will we win a trophy with just the signing of N'dombele? Will it be enough to overturn a 20+ point gap from last season in the PL?

Especially when you consider we will still have the same weaknesses from the bench, no players that can really make an impact when coming on, I dunno, seems unlikely to me that we could win a trophy without addressing that issue.

I am really concerned about Foyth being our first choice RB, it seems like a huge risk that could end up biting us in the arse.

With him and Davies we will seriously lack pace in both of those positions and our formation really relies on getting them pushed up high, unless of course Poch is going to change the way we play, which is of course a possibility.

I dunno, I still think we need a RB (and a LB if Rose leaves) some competition for Eriksen (LO Celso) and a different option from the bench for Kane when he is having a stinker.

I do think however that if we fail to sign anybody else we will still make top 4, no doubt about that.

The question is though, will we win a trophy with just the signing of N'dombele? Will it be enough to overturn a 20+ point gap from last season in the PL?

Especially when you consider we will still have the same weaknesses from the bench, no players that can really make an impact when coming on, I dunno, seems unlikely to me that we could win a trophy without addressing that issue.

Wonder if Poch gives Foyth the number 2 shirt.

I think kwp and Sessegnon are going to be our pacey options on the flanks.
Do prefer when we play with width, and having Foyth/Davies both starting would suit having Son/Kane/Lucas for some natural width over say Dele/Kane/Eriksen.

Seems like N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane will be our midfield/attack according to most - although I believe Winks will play a significant role this season. We wont pay 60 odd millions for N'Dombele / Lo Celso for them to be anything other than 'guaranteed' starters. There's going to be 2-3 players not getting the game time they feel they deserve before this seasons over.

Wonder if Poch gives Foyth the number 2 shirt.

I think kwp and Sessegnon are going to be our pacey options on the flanks.
Do prefer when we play with width, and having Foyth/Davies both starting would suit having Son/Kane/Lucas for some natural width over say Dele/Kane/Eriksen.

Seems like N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane will be our midfield/attack according to most - although I believe Winks will play a significant role this season. We wont pay 60 odd millions for N'Dombele / Lo Celso for them to be anything other than 'guaranteed' starters. There's going to be 2-3 players not getting the game time they feel they deserve before this seasons over.
Competition for places is exactly what the likes of Eriksen and Dele need in my opinion. Agreed that the fullback situation is looking worrying. Fullbacks was meant to be addressed to Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam

Back
Top Bottom