Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think that KWP is physically hard enough to play at RB week in week out?

I'm not sure what you mean by "physically hard", I think he's as tenacious as Foyth, and is quicker too.

I would definitely rather see KWP given game time to see if he can be the future RB than waste that (at RB) on Foyth who just doesn't have all the tools for that job and is no less error prone defensively than KWP right now.

I woud rather see us sign a solid and good right-back and loan KWP to Leeds or Swansea for that matter.

The fact that you (or any of us) can't come up with even one name that really guarantees us a quality upgrade sums up the situation. I like Atal, but he's had one season, mostly as a RWB in Ligue 1. He's quick and loves attacking, but still raw and has lots of learning to do defensively, and in our system would get any deficiencies exposed pretty quickly.

I'd take him (Atal), but equally, I would have no more reservations about giving KWP a proper chance as rotation to see off he could be the Rb moving forward. Both Atal and KWP would be development projects either way, just as after 2 years Aurier is still a long way from polished.

I woud rather see us sign a solid and good right-back and loan KWP to Leeds or Swansea for that matter.

If KWP actually wanted to improve as a player he would have demanded to be loaned out years ago. He's completely okay sitting on his bum all season long. He will never be a starting RB for our club.

[RATING][/RATING]
The fact that you (or any of us) can't come up with even one name that really guarantees us a quality upgrade sums up the situation.
Why?

We're not football scouts. I don't watch any clubs except for Tottenham. Why is it a reflection on myself or anyone else for not having identified replacements? The club has staff performing those jobs; some asshole trying to win the internet doesn't change the club's direction one bit, nor should it.

If KWP actually wanted to improve as a player he would have demanded to be loaned out years ago. He's completely okay sitting on his bum all season long. He will never be a starting RB for our club.

He actually turned down a loan in January 2016, at a time when he had absolutely no chance of breaking into the team:

Just seems like a guy happy to cruise through life, stashing away the 20k a week we're giving him till 2023.

Hope he signs for Bayern, will be fun to see him tear Bundesliga apart. Would be devastating to see him in PL in another shirt than ours. Or maybe he's so tired of the spotlight that he leaves for China

If Llorente doesn't sign and Janssen possibly leaving we are fucked for a no. 2 striker. We have no links to any striker that i am aware of. ..

Of course we'll use Sonny and Moura if needed but i'd really like to see a natural born striker in the role.

If we are the big club we say we are then i think we need more than one natural striker on the books.

I am aware i overused the word striker.

No, you overused the word "natural". :)

Not sure about the lack of pace claim: Telegraph report on his Champo season listed pace as a main quality and called him "absolutely rapid": Who is Ryan Sessegnon and what makes him so good?

And a report in the Sun a few months into last season had him clocked as the 3rd fasted in the prem to that point: The 10 fastest players in the Premier League so far this season including Ryan Sessegnon and Romelu Lukaku

The article posted by Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 seems to say the same; seems reasonable to assume that he's quick.

Looks as though we'll find out soon enough...
Dier was clocked as the 3rd fastest in the PL in his first or second season with us. So I'm not sure what that means. But you're right that we'll find out soon enough and I do hope he has pace, in addition to his other qualities. But even if he doesn't, he is still a super talented footballer who does not need to rely on his pace and that's a good thing.

Hope he signs for Bayern, will be fun to see him tear Bundesliga apart. Would be devastating to see him in PL in another shirt than ours. Or maybe he's so tired of the spotlight that he leaves for China
With Robben and Ribery now gone it would seem likely and with him not being selected to play against them the speculation grows even more. I cannot see a PL return for Gareth but he's far too young to be chasing Oriental Megabucks yet....unless money is now his primary motivation instead of actual playing level.

Last edited:
Get on here for the first time all day and cracking up from Sausage’s posts.... “wife looks at me in bed and says you better not wake up our baby.” I’ll have to read the rest tomorrow.

COYS!!!

Dier was clocked as the 3rd fastest in the PL in his first or second season with us. So I'm not sure what that means. But you're right that we'll find out soon enough and I do hope he has pace, in addition to his other qualities. But even if he doesn't, he is still a super talented footballer who does not need to rely on his pace and that's a good thing.

Yep. In the end, acceleration's probably more important than top-end speed anyway; thankfully that Telegraph article seemed to think that was a strong point of his too.

Back
Top Bottom