Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why though?
He said Bale isn't in his plans and best for him is to leave the club. That's just honest manager.
Still incredibly disrespectful for a manager to talk about one of his own players like that, one that has given so much to Madrid. The arrogance is off the charts.
What makes it worse is that during the Summer that they signed Bale, Zidane was the one driving the media tapping up machine for them, talking about Bale as if he was already a Madrid player, how great he is, how much he admires him etc.

The guy's an absolute swine, and a snake to boot.

Still incredibly disrespectful for a manager to talk about one of his own players like that, one that has given so much to Madrid. The arrogance is off the charts.
What makes it worse is that during the Summer that they signed Bale, Zidane was the one driving the media tapping up machine for them, talking about Bale as if he was already a Madrid player, how great he is, how much he admires him etc.

Lost his country the World Cup because he could not control himself prick!

Agree with you but Bale’s agent is lower than shark shit as well. They’re all welcome to each other.
Cunts the lot of them.

Zidane is a cunt - but that isn't news.
Bale fucked us off when he got too good for us.
Madrid fucking Bale off now he's not good enough for them.
There's very little loyalty in football. I'm amazed people are jumping to Bales defence.

There's very little loyalty in football. I'm amazed people are jumping to Bales defence.
Karma is coming home to roost!

[RATING][/RATING]

Why?

We're not football scouts. I don't watch any clubs except for Tottenham. Why is it a reflection on myself or anyone else for not having identified replacements? The club has staff performing those jobs; some asshole trying to win the internet doesn't change the club's direction one bit, nor should it.

I stand corrected where you, and your lack awareness of “other” football, are concerned.

But I happen to know the poster I was talking to does watch “other” football, and I know many in here that also watch football from around Europe and further afield.

Which is possibly why we rarely sign anyone that someone hasn’t seen or heard of.

I wasn’t trying to “win the internet” certainly no more than you are with your “how very dare you” reply to me, just have a conversation with someone about football.

I feel really sorry for the guy.
He obviously had talent, he was his leagues top scorer and played for a national team that is in the top 5-10 on a regular basis. He doesn't hide and he tries his arse off.

Not sure what happened to him, but I hope his turn in mexico works out.
I think it's a simple as massive loss of confidence, same as soldado. Struggled to score from open play, the British press never miss a chance to mention it, and the guy he was competing with scores like it's going out of fashion

I think it's a simple as massive loss of confidence, same as soldado. Struggled to score from open play, the British press never miss a chance to mention it, and the guy he was competing with scores like it's going out of fashion
Yup. Loss of confidence and with how far up the table we were competing that season Poch had to be ruthless and cut him. Had we still been a midtable team Poch could probably have rehabbed Vincent himself but when you compete at the top you need results and Vincent became a victim of that.

Combine that with probably making the move too soon as well and here we are. From top of the world to bottom dreg in the span of a year for the lad.

Not so much defending Bale ... just calling out Zidane ... I would take great pleasure from him screwing up real bad, guy's an arrogant prick who makes a point of belittling fellow professionals ... he's spent 300m so far on some slightly above average players (and Hazard) can see it going all horribly wrong ...

If I was Bale, I’d refuse any move and turn up at training wearing a mankini whilst riding a three wood.

Real Madrid are the most dispicable bunch of entitled cunts in world football. I hope he fleeces them for every penny they owe him.

Not so much defending Bale ... just calling out Zidane ... I would take great pleasure from him screwing up real bad, guy's an arrogant prick who makes a point of belittling fellow professionals ... he's spent 300m so far on some slightly above average players (and Hazard) can see it going all horribly wrong ...

We can only hope.
Problem with Madrid is last season is about as bad as it can possibly get.
They won't even fall to where United are right now although I wish they would.
I can't stand Zidane as a person, but he is quite entitled to rate or not rate whoever he wants in the team he manages. Difference for Zidane is how high profile everything is.
He has won the league and 3 consecutive champions leagues for Madrid. I'm sure he feels in a position to do whatever the fuck he thinks will get them over the line again.

Zidane should be more discreet and also should when Bale does goes fully acknowledge the role Bale has played in pretty much all RM’s recent success.

However as manager he can buy and sell who he wants and if Zidane doesn’t want Bale then Bale needs to either accept money and the golf course or go and continue to have a meaningful career.

Bayern Munich with Ribery and Robben’s retirement should be the place. Top club, a different league and probably still decent wages. Also expectations at Real were for Bale to take over Ronaldo’s crown, expectations at Bayern will be more realistic, he only has to replace either Robben or Ribery which is much much easier.

Who knows maybe Zidane was discreet and let Bale know that he wasn’t in his plans and Gareth being the so and so that we know he could be decided to dig his heels in.
He was given hints even we knew that Zidane and RM wanted shot of him, I know he’s being well rewarded but why hang around where you’re so obviously not wanted. It’s not like wherever he ends up next he’d be a regular down the local food bank and living above the chip shop .

Zidane should be more discreet and also should when Bale does goes fully acknowledge the role Bale has played in pretty much all RM’s recent success.

I get the feeling he tried the discreet path by not picking him, and trying to nudge him out.
Bales Penfold looking cunt agent pipes up in the media whenever he feels like - probably instructed by Bale, chatting his shit too.

Perhaps Bale should have had Penfold keep his mouth shut and be more discreet when he was at Spurs? No - it was needed to force a move. Is it not fair to suggest that Zidane is now trying to force a move because the quiet approach of not picking him wasn't enough?

Didn't Bale stop training for us? Getting paid good money, adored by the fans, then turns up to tell the boss he's too sad to train for Spurs because of his lifelong ambition of playing for the Royal Cunts?

Sorry, I have sympathy for things like abandoned dogs and people living in poverty. When it comes to footballers on 600 grand a week having a preferred club - not so much.

Neither Soldado nor Janssen has the right attributes to be a success in the prem. “Lacking confidence” is a shite excuse. Soldado had a nice touch and a good brain but had zero physicality about him. Janssen fouled too much, he was a step slow, was only good in back to goal situations where he could lay the ball off onto an onrushing Sonny, but he lacked the height to be an effective targetman.

Llorente comfortably outperformed the pair of them and if we were to rank Spurs strikers over the past 20 years, both would be near the bottom of the list. Off the top of my head only Rasiak and probably Postiga would be worse.

Spurs fan claiming inside knowledge.

I have added a more detailed critique in the! Toby thread, but it's not totally unexpected as his agent has had no real success at finding a club offering mega wages more than Spurs offered and he turned down.

No idea if true or not and this could run on until next summer

Back
Top Bottom