Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck are we doing? Selling both last seasons fullbacks in one window and replacing none of them......😲🤔

The only player we haven't replaced at FB is Tripps (which will hopefully not come back to bite us on the arse) Sess is a replacement for Rose imo, then we have Davies as competition for him, on the other side we have Aurier, KWP and Foyth (none of which are good enough imo but not much we can do about that now is it?)

He does want out of Tottenham though, there can be no disputing that as he's held talks with several clubs now. If this was any other player he would be getting dogs abuse! I'm glad he's not but it's fucking strange just how selective our fans are on who and how they choose to hate.
Sure I agree he wants out but Watford?
Is it really worth a step down that big.

Btw United's transfer business has been pretty damn shite.

130m on Bissaka and Maguire is ridiculous and losing Herrera and Lukaku without replacing them??? So Matic will be a starter and they're relying on Rashford as a central striker who isn't exactly clinical.
They like the young lad who played against us up front.

Btw United's transfer business has been pretty damn shite.

130m on Bissaka and Maguire is ridiculous and losing Herrera and Lukaku without replacing them??? So Matic will be a starter and they're relying on Rashford as a central striker who isn't exactly clinical.
A bad start and Olly’s wheel will fall off. Should be interesting on Sunday when Chelsea turn up. They look really short of goals.

We will look to sell players into Europe after the window closes, as much as we might like them there is very little point keeping players as third choice cover, we have a very flexible squad with several players who are comfortable in several positions ... add to that the development squad and we clearly need to shift a few who will suck up wages whilst losing value ... it's one of the good things about the European window closing later.

We already replaced Eriksen with GLC, over the next few weeks we will try to sell Eriksen abroad. Levy is not going to throw away £50m when we have Dele, Lamela, Lo Celso and Ndombele in the squad. Everything is set for Eriksen to leave.

Having a mentally checked-out Eriksen sitting in the bench/stands is not going to help us. He needs to go and then in January maybe we can try and bring another big signing.
If you say so. I doubt he leaves. He makes us a much stronger team, regardless of incoming.

We won't get £50M for him. And I'd rather have his services to make a run this season and gamble on convincing him to renew, possibly, than make £35M.

Anyway, TFC needs a pint betting system.

Well to be fair it was the manager who told him to play midfield, I think he prefers to play as a defender.

Not quite true M, Pochettino actually said in his book he disagreed with Dier about what his best position was, Poch said he believes his best position is CB but Dier wants to play CM.

The daft thing is Poch kept shoving him there, despite this. I think he wised up to it eventually last season or so. I hope anyway.

Vertonghen.

Who funnily enough, is probably our best left back.
and break up our best CB partnership :pochcmon:. If we hope to do anything this season we need to hit the ground running.

Give Sess time to settle to grow in to the LB role and sell rose in Jan. Give Sanchez time to further grow in to the season but on our first few games, especially city & Woolwich, I think I would prefer our tried and tested best CB partner ship in the middle together.

Back
Top Bottom