Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This was partly my point, I went through 30 pages and barely a mention of Lo Celso who would be a much more valuable signing.

I know he divides opinion and isn’t a “marquee” name, but I’d be as happy by the potential of Sessegnon for25m, than i would have been with Dybala at 70m and 200k wages.

I like Dybala, he’d be an upgrade on Moura as a second striker, but we need LC much more

I agree with much of this. I saw some flashes of top class ability from Lo Celso in his bit part appearances at PSG, and then he single-handedly ran games against Real & Barca for Betis.

He's a great signing, particularly since it looks like we're losing Eriksen's vision and composure.

But I disagree in part on Dybala. Whilst he would have been very expensive (fee plus salary plus assorted rights shite), Levy could have used Kane's status as World Cup Golden Ball winner to control the salary impact on our squad. Eg by rewarding Dybala in non-base salary bonuses and incentives, and it sounds like we had achieved a personal terms agreement with his agents.

Crucially, Dybala would have been a perfect fit for our squad balance in that he was both a genuine rotation option as a sole striker for Kane when Harry is tired or gets crocked. And his ability and awareness means I'm confident he could have become a regular in whatever formation we play, either as a striking partner for Kane or with one of them playing a little deeper, and using their vision to help unleash the likes of Son, Lucas, Dele, Ndombele etc as we press high and strike fast.

Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon, with Clarke continuing to learn his trade under Bielsa, is a very good window.

Dybala too would have been probably the best window I can remember as a lifelong Spurs fan.

The club could so easily release me from this torment and let me go take a shower if they just take a photo of a dandy boy in skinny jeans and an expensive haircut holding up a tshirt, but the cunts would rather prolong my suffering.

YES DADDY

38BlfVp.png

Back
Top Bottom