Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't even think Bournemouth's squad was worth 80 million as a whole :levylol:

On a more serious note, they look like fine additions, now just let Levy get them for 50 million in total

Not that I'm poo-pooing Wilson, but seen so little of him... Always seems injured to me.

...Anyone wanna breakdown his core skillset?

(Got it in my head that he's a bit Defoe., but could be wrong on that front...)

Can we imagine him pressing and closing hard from the front.....?

Ability to link up play with the others (Dele, Son, Lucas) who like to play at high speed could be crucial... (especially if we lose CE without going like for like in replacing him).

I really like Brooks; I think he's an excellent player and prospect. But I think it might be a season too soon for us. He's really at the ideal club, in terms of getting to play regularly.

I hear ya from the player's perspective (also see Sessengon), but one could argue it's already too late by the time players like this join a PL team.

Obv. we wouldn't need to pile pressure on him to be an overnight success, so as long as the player is comfortable with a drop in game-time then it should work for us. In fact, fuck it; buy him and loan him back for another season; I'd say the same about Sessengon too if Fulham didn't drop.

Going to try not waffle as I tend to do but Put the question out there.

Nabil Bentaleb (the player) :). If he could be bought for £30-35m could be one of the more interesting and plausible transfers this summer.

He'd count as home grown at the club for CL which carries a premium. He knows and is still friendly with some of the playing and coaching staff which Poch / the team have proven is core to their ability to defy odds. His recent interviews shows he misses spurs and regrets his actions. Poch has shown he will wipe a clean slate.

He's now grown up and been proven as a solid and reliable CM in the German league.

If Eriksen goes and we move to a 4-3-3 I think as, as above, for a max £35m move it would help kill two birds with one stone with regards to midfield numbers and HG quota

I guess we’ll find out Monday whether we’ll be going in for Grealish or not.

ezWYBYt.png

Funny, I'm hoping one of the best CBs I've ever seen in our shirt retires here.

No chance. We’re too good a club for players to retire here, unless it’s someone like King who can play at a high level but it destroys his body to do so.

Even if good ole Harry Kane plays his entire career here, there will come a moment when he’s 35 and can no longer cut it for us, but he still wants to play. Then it’ll be on to his next team.

If we weren’t already losing Toby, I’d say we should sell Vert now. As is, we should see if we can get him to extend one year to 2021, but he’ll probably opt to run down his contract instead and get a pay day.

I think we need to accept that it’s fully possible he starts dropping off this season. It will happen sometime in the next few years, and when it does, it’s often a very fast drop. Think John Terry or William Gallas.

"80million double raid" - Silly season is def. on now! :eriksenlol:

Slightly more realistic than the mooted 75m for Wilson in January.

Peeps were keen on Brooks before... How do we feel about him at circa £40m. In turn, given price and HG-isms; him or Grealish?
I'd probably go for some of the Leeds lads, Clarke, Roofe, Phillips if we need to fatten the squad with homegrowns. Neither of them would step straight into our starting 11 obviously. but all 3 are good and adapted well to Bielsa's style. So it is not a stretch to see them take to Poch's system quickly as well.

Roofe and Phillips are PL ready, Clarke would be a Dele style prospect. Combine bringing in prospects for depth and spending bigger fees on more established names to contend with our starting 11 and we have a good formula I'd say..

Back
Top Bottom