Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No chance. We’re too good a club for players to retire here, unless it’s someone like King who can play at a high level but it destroys his body to do so.

Even if good ole Harry Kane plays his entire career here, there will come a moment when he’s 35 and can no longer cut it for us, but he still wants to play. Then it’ll be on to his next team.

If we weren’t already losing Toby, I’d say we should sell Vert now. As is, we should see if we can get him to extend one year to 2021, but he’ll probably opt to run down his contract instead and get a pay day.

I think we need to accept that it’s fully possible he starts dropping off this season. It will happen sometime in the next few years, and when it does, it’s often a very fast drop. Think John Terry or William Gallas.

Fair comments, but a bit definitive...

Actually Ive changed my mind.

Lo celso might be a goer. No way betis turns down 60m euros when they missed out on europe.

Celso will also want champs league and hes from rosario.

Lo Celso is probably as good as we could hope/ ask for regarding an Eriksen replacement should Christian be on his way. I'd still like to see Grealish come in for serious squad depth as well but I can't see both which is a shame.

Ndombele, Lo Celso, Grealish, Clarke, Sessegnon, Joachim Andersen, Yocef Atal, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Andre Gomes there's some serious talent we are being linked with at the moment.

#WelcomeJarrodBowen

Ndombele, Lo Celso, Grealish, Clarke, Sessegnon, Joachim Andersen, Yocef Atal, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Andre Gomes there's some serious talent we are being linked with at the moment.

#WelcomeJarrodBowen

Soooooooooooooooooo the same as every fucking window :pochrolleyes:

Only difference being, this time around I'm allowing myself to actually fully believe, we can and just might sign players, I'd have said no chance just 12 months ago. Please don't hurt me Levy :pochcry:

A midfield three consisting of Lo Celso, Winks and NDombele would be the best midfield three in the league behind Man City.

Which is why it isn't going to happen. I'd still rather sign Firpo from Betis if given the choice of the two.

NDombele seems to be, and right should be, our first choice as a cm signing.

A lot will depend on Eriksen I think. If he signs a new deal then I think we’ll bring in one, maybe two, midfielders. If he goes then I can see it being a few.

Dream

Lloris
Wan Bissaka - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
NDombele - Winks
Dele - Eriksen - Son
Kane

Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Davies, Lo Celso, Grealish, Moura, Wilson

I'd take Lo Celso ahead of Ndombele. Better range of passing and carries the ball better. Less of a risk too. Ndombele could turn out to be another a Fred. Too much money to gamble I think personally.

Dream

Lloris
Wan Bissaka - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
NDombele - Winks
Dele - Eriksen - Son
Kane

Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Davies, Lo Celso, Grealish, Moura, Wilson

That squad would compete with the title and run City close over 12 months, I reckon.

You've got strength in every position bar right back and defensive midfield but I think changing to a midfield 3 at times would help the lack of true defensive midfielder.

Shame that would cost us £270,000,000 - which no one else in the history of football has ever spent in one single window.

Especially as it looks like you've not actually sold anyone of true importance and couldn't have raised any more than £40,000,000 in sales.

From what I have seen, I'd take Tielemans over Grealish. Not seen an awful lot of either, but what I have I'd say Tielemans edges it.
Obviously a lot depends on whether Villa get up or not and what the situation with Tielemans at Monaco is, hard to see him staying there unless they go out and spend big on their squad for next season. He's wasted there in their current state though, the guy is a real talent.

That squad would compete with the title and run City close over 12 months, I reckon.

You've got strength in every position bar right back and defensive midfield but I think changing to a midfield 3 at times would help the lack of true defensive midfielder.

Shame that would cost us £270,000,000 - which no one else in the history of football has ever spent in one single window.

Especially as it looks like you've not actually sold anyone of true importance and couldn't have raised any more than £40,000,000 in sales.
Wan bassaka and N’dembele would cost £270 million ?

Edit - just seem the Subs! Still anything that doesn’t include sissoko is bollox if you ask me!

Wan bassaka and N’dembele would cost £270 million ?

Edit - just seem the Subs! Still anything that doesn’t include sissoko is bollox if you ask me!

Did I leave him out?!? Ah fuck! Genuinely didn’t me to.

It’ll be interesting to see where he fits in next year if we do shuffle the midfield.

From what I have seen, I'd take Tielemans over Grealish. Not seen an awful lot of either, but what I have I'd say Tielemans edges it.
Obviously a lot depends on whether Villa get up or not and what the situation with Tielemans at Monaco is, hard to see him staying there unless they go out and spend big on their squad for next season. He's wasted there in their current state though, the guy is a real talent.
But homegrown v non. It's a serious consideration.

Did I leave him out?!? Ah fuck! Genuinely didn’t me to.

It’ll be interesting to see where he fits in next year if we do shuffle the midfield.

Yeah you've been caught out you Sissoko hater. Showing you're true colours

Sissoko is the first name on any team sheet. No Sissoko, no party

Il be keeping an eye on you from now on:roseunsure:

AS are saying Lo Celso is the key to Eriksen moving to RM. Implying that if we secure Lo Celso then we feel comfortable selling Eriksen. He’d be one hell of a replacement.

I’m jizzing thinking about adding N’Dombele and Lo Celso to the XI.

Back
Top Bottom