Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’d be signing more than a 1 year deal. I hate it, but Manure will be making the necessary changes to challenge for CL the following years. I’m not saying they’ll be successful, but surely that will be their story to DeLigt

ManU is done and dusted I feel. their entire system is rotten and they need to replace their entire first XI to stand a chance in the years to come. And De Gea and Pogba have one foot out the door... But its disgusting for De Ligt to prefer a move there though at his age - pure moneygrab

I’m happy to nurture Foyth and Sanchez they cost us 60M so let’s get a return on our investment....don’t need to be babysitting three CBs for a combined 120M.

De Ligt has had a great CL run.....so what, he’s still making his name in a tin pot division.

Let him go wherever, I’m not even that impressed to be honest. He’s doing well in a unit that’s doing well.

Oh hello. Further to Alasdair Gold's tweet last night and Hoddle's comments on BT Sport:

Spurs legend and BT Sport expert Glenn Hoddle has told football.london what he knows about the summer ahead for Mauricio Pochettino and Tottenham Hotspur.

Pochettino has taken Spurs to the Champions League final as well as a fourth consecutive top four finish in the Premier League, yet question still remain about his future with the Argentine saying in recent weeks that he might move on if Tottenham were to win on June 1 as he might not be able to better such a season.

The manager has also frequently said that his future could depend on what chairman Daniel Levy's plans for the next chapter in the club's project are and if the Spurs will 'act like a big club' to match their new stadium and facilities.

BT Sport pundit Hoddle believes Pochettino is going nowhere and understands he will have money to spend this summer.

"He might just be boxing clever a bit. What I know from behind the scenes at the club there has been money available, there will be money available in the summer," the former Spurs manager told football.london.

"If he wins or loses, this is something he has been building and if he goes off to some of these other clubs being spoken about it's a rebuild, instantly it's a rebuild at a lot of clubs now.

"He'll be looking back at the five years he's had and if they win [the final] I think he's suddenly jumped to the top of the tree. He's the creme de la creme, but he would like to go for the Premier League [title] and get the consistency of challenging himself and the team, with the new stadium and that stand, the training ground, the squad, a better squad in the summer and buying better players, maybe not better but stronger players for a deeper squad."

Hoddle added: "It's all there. He'd have to start from scratch from these other clubs. I think he's the type of guy who takes pride in what he's doing and if he gets the right players in then he could do it the other way around if they win.

"If they lose I think it will drive him on. They still haven't won a trophy. Tottenham Hotspur have got a problem with winning finals and that why he hasn't won anything yet.

"It will be fascinating if he goes straight to the top and wins the Champions League, but I don't see him resting on his laurels and going off. He'll have other challenges to develop a consistent level of success at Tottenham. That will be his next challenge."

Yeah but The Dane said Hoddle knows nothing so I don’t know what to believe

I'd love to see us move for him. With no new contract for Toby as of yet and his desire to return to Ajax, surely it would be a no-brainer to use Toby in a player swap plus cash.

£25 million for Toby and £35 Million cash could be enough? I keep reading the valuation of De Ligt is around the £60 million mark.

De ligt could be in our back line for years with the potential for his price to increase dramatically. Something Levy must be aware of. Plus he has already partnered with Sanchez.

Of course i'd love Toby to stay but at this late stage with no new contract it's looking less and less likely. The absolute worst scenario would be another Prem club picking him up for £25 million. I have this horrible thought of him in a Manchester United shirt.

Toby wants to go to Ajax? Where do you get that from?

I get the feeling, you're misinterpreting something from Toby about that he'd love to go at some stage, which means when he can no longer play for the very top teams, in the top leagues (as others have done). Right now it's staying with us, or one of the top 3-4 teams in Europe. Not Ajax.

ManU is done and dusted I feel. their entire system is rotten and they need to replace their entire first XI to stand a chance in the years to come. And De Gea and Pogba have one foot out the door... But its disgusting for De Ligt to prefer a move there though at his age - pure moneygrab
They are too big to fail, would be confident in saying they will win more than Liverpool over the next 5 years

Toby wants to go to Ajax? Where do you get that from?

I get the feeling, you're misinterpreting something from Toby about that he'd love to go at some stage, which means when he can no longer play for the very top teams, in the top leagues (as others have done). Right now it's staying with us, or one of the top 3-4 teams in Europe. Not Ajax.
It's been going around for a while.

Robert Skov (born 20 May 1996) is a 6'1" Danish footballer who plays as a winger for Copenhagen in the Danish Superliga. With 29 goals in the 2018-19 season he broke the record for most goals scored in a season in the Danish Superliga.

I've just watched a highlights video. He is a left-footed right winger. Tall and strong he is very Bale-like.

Last edited:
Looks like Deligt is aiming for the highest wage possible rather than the right club at this time in his career

Apparently United have offered 250k a week. No wonder we are no longer in negotiations with him. Money seems to be the motivating factor for him, why else employ Riaola as his agent.

No chance. We’re too good a club for players to retire here, unless it’s someone like King who can play at a high level but it destroys his body to do so.

Even if good ole Harry Kane plays his entire career here, there will come a moment when he’s 35 and can no longer cut it for us, but he still wants to play. Then it’ll be on to his next team.

If we weren’t already losing Toby, I’d say we should sell Vert now. As is, we should see if we can get him to extend one year to 2021, but he’ll probably opt to run down his contract instead and get a pay day.

I think we need to accept that it’s fully possible he starts dropping off this season. It will happen sometime in the next few years, and when it does, it’s often a very fast drop. Think John Terry or William Gallas.
I wanted so much to disagree with you but, unfortunately, I can't as your post makes sense.

A very rare thing on this forum.

Think it actually started with Marc Overmars (Director of Football at Ajax since 2012) saying a couple of years ago (and probably aimed at Ajax fans) that he wanted to see the likes of Vertonghen and Alderweireld return to Ajax towards the end of their careers to help balance out the inevitable loss of their best players to overseas clubs with bigger budgets.

He said at that time he didn't think it would be an immediate return.

Maybe in 3 or even 4 years time, but he certainly didn't mean that he thinks about coming back to Ajax in the summer of 2019.

Looks like Deligt is aiming for the highest wage possible rather than the right club at this time in his career

Apparently United have offered 250k a week. No wonder we are no longer in negotiations with him. Money seems to be the motivating factor for him, why else employ Riaola as his agent.

Back
Top Bottom