Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What? Now you are just making shit up. None of that is even close to being true.

I understand you are pathetically try to spin this because you are struggling to understand things but no need to create a fantasy world.

They may have a similar set up in organization but not in the way things are actually run. Gordon doesn't feel the need to be the "man" when it comes to transfers, he doesn't have to pretend he has an eye for talent and he doesn't have to step in to screw up deals to fuel his ego.

Unfortunately for us Levy does need to do all of that. It is why Liverpools system works and the manager is able to get good players to fit what he wants to do with the club and we don't sign anyone for 518 days and play a whole season with zero DM's and zero back-up strikers.
So you now have Arcspace peddling the same nonsense - when that happens you know you've lost the argument. You appear clueless about what Levy does and doesn't do ... or on how Spurs operate ... stop digging the hole.

Levy does not handle scouting, reviewing, analysing potential transfers - to believe that for one second just makes you look stupid.

Now you want to tell me how the Liverpool system works when it took you three pages and a dozen posts to even get the names of the senior management correct? are you being serious?

You have simply no idea - all your posts are opinionated drivel - you didn't know an hour ago who Gordon was yet you now say "Gordon doesn't feel the need to be the "man" when it comes to transfers, he doesn't have to pretend he has an eye for talent and he doesn't have to step in to screw up deals to fuel his ego" did you just give him a call and confirm that? or did you just make it up?

Liverpool and Spurs are run in a very similar fashion with a very similar senior management structure based around personnel from a predominantly financial non sporting background, beneath that senior management both employ a committee approach where they both employ experts with huge experience and with sporting backgrounds. No question the Liverpool set-up has performed better in delivering on the pitch, but in the transfer market both clubs have sold high and bought low, in the last five years Liverpool net 92m, Spurs net 94m .... you may not understand how alike they are, so go ahead list all the differences in the companies operating procedures, let's see if you or your sidekick can put some facts behind your bullshit.

So you now have Arcspace peddling the same nonsense - when that happens you know you've lost the argument. You appear clueless about what Levy does and doesn't do ... or on how Spurs operate ... stop digging the hole.

Levy does not handle scouting, reviewing, analysing potential transfers - to believe that for one second just makes you look stupid.

Now you want to tell me how the Liverpool system works when it took you three pages and a dozen posts to even get the names of the senior management correct? are you being serious?

You have simply no idea - all your posts are opinionated drivel - you didn't know an hour ago who Gordon was yet you now say "Gordon doesn't feel the need to be the "man" when it comes to transfers, he doesn't have to pretend he has an eye for talent and he doesn't have to step in to screw up deals to fuel his ego" did you just give him a call and confirm that? or did you just make it up?

Liverpool and Spurs are run in a very similar fashion with a very similar senior management structure based around personnel from a predominantly financial non sporting background, beneath that senior management both employ a committee approach where they both employ experts with huge experience and with sporting backgrounds. No question the Liverpool set-up has performed better in delivering on the pitch, but in the transfer market both clubs have sold high and bought low, in the last five years Liverpool net 92m, Spurs net 94m .... you may not understand how alike they are, so go ahead list all the differences in the companies operating procedures, let's see if you or your sidekick can put some facts behind your bullshit.

I knew who Gordon was that is just more made up BS from you.

This one I don't get, Romano made it very clear that Reguilon is available and for a reasonable price. He is still young (23), a massive upgrade over what we have at LB and his addition makes us a better team right now and in the future. I don't get why we wouldn't make that addition.

I know that we have needs in other areas but considering the price doesn't seem to high this seems like the kind of signing you make outside of your projected transfer budget and deal with it. It makes you better, is a situation that doesn't happen often when a talented guy is available because the club he plays for sees him as surplus and improves your team, it seems like an easy fit.
We're going to let Man U gazzump us on this one, which is ridiculous. This is a position of need and his price isn't ridiculous. I can't believe we're not going to make this happen. This is Pereira all over again.

We're going to let Man U gazzump us on this one, which is ridiculous. This is a position of need and his price isn't ridiculous. I can't believe we're not going to make this happen. This is Pereira all over again.
Or maybe it’s like that time Wan Bissaka had “world class potential” and we “should have” bid 50M for him.

If reports are true and Sessengon is in for a big season, then maybe we get to see what all the hype was about....because you know, our fans creamed their pants about him once too..

I kind of agree with this.

We've been linked to quite a few different strikers now, all built in different ways and different styles to their play.

I don't expect a striker in by this weekend's game, but certainly will by next week.

What Hytner actually says in that article is:

"Did Eriksen want to leave Spurs at that point? It is unclear. But what was plain to Pochettino was that the Dane was considering his next move and that involved putting into place a possible exit strategy, something over which he had control"

Here's a direct Poch quote from November 2018, a few months after that meeting:

"We're not worried -- in football I'm never worried -- but I prefer that he's going to sign the new contract and spend a long time with Tottenham. It will be fantastic.

There are more from April 2019, with Poch saying the same.

What's actually been reported mostly was Eriksen was dicking around (which he's perfectly entitled to do) in 2018-19 keeping his options open. Even when he made his infamous post Denmark game comments about fancying something new he caveated it with something like "but I'm very happy at Spurs and if the right team don't come in then I'd happily stay".

The Eriksen situation was jus a fucking difficult one. Period. Pochettino didn't want to lose him. He said so. He flew to Copenhagen FFS. And I don't blame him, he was fucking pivotal and had been the most influential player along with Kane (more IMO) in Pochettino's time and was still relatively young, Levy was happy to offer him a bumper new contract, to help his manager keep a key player, or sell him if the right offer - what ever the fuck that was - from a club that Eriksen would agree to.

In the documentary Levy said he would match any wages the club he wanted to leave for. It wasn’t about money in the end for eriksen, he just wanted a change. He’s well within his rights to do that and was unmotivated last season, but remained professional and honouring his contract by turning up to training every day and not refusing to play. The documentary just backs up what we know.

In Milan he was kicked out of his hotel and had to sleep at the training ground during lockdown. Inter didn’t even find him a flat, surely they could of done that. He’s had a bad time there and I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to come back after finding out the grass isn’t greener. But also, he may well be happy to give it another season if he is more settled off the pitch. Or just up sticks and go to another club where he is properly wanted. If I were him, I’d do the last one.

I kind of agree with this.

We've been linked to quite a few different strikers now, all built in different ways and different styles to their play.

I don't expect a striker in by this weekend's game, but certainly will by next week.

All looks like panic to me to get someone in. Anyone. All that’s missing is levy running round Europe on the last day with his wheelbarrow of cash. We have time before the end of the window but could do with someone in ASAP.

C'mon Levy! This transfer stuff is easy!

Is the striker available?
Is the club willing to sell at the price we can afford?
Does the player want to move to England?
Does the players family want to move to England?
Is he aware of the high taxation?
How does he feel about awful weather?
Is he able to get a VISA to work in the UK?
Any past history that could cause reputation damage?
Are the salary demands within budget to comply with FFP rules?
Does he speak good English?
Is he happy to fight for a starting spot vs Harry Kane?
Is he happy to not be playing in Champions league?
Does he think trophies are overrated and finishing top 4 is the real trophy?
Does he suit the style of football that Mourinho requires?
Is he using us as a stepping stone to a bigger club and will scarper at the first sniff of a bigger deal?
Does he have any prejudice against jews?
What is his injury record like?

Oh....

Is he any good at football?

Back
Top Bottom