Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Zaniolo apparently done his ACL playing for Italy tonight. At least we saved 50m there! :levywhoa:
maybe crack...

gazza8.jpg

We're going to let Man U gazzump us on this one, which is ridiculous. This is a position of need and his price isn't ridiculous. I can't believe we're not going to make this happen. This is Pereira all over again.

Pereira: We chose Serge. Wrong call maybe.... Wasn't gazumped tho.

All looks like panic to me to get someone in. Anyone. All that’s missing is levy running round Europe on the last day with his wheelbarrow of cash. We have time before the end of the window but could do with someone in ASAP.
Come off it, you're well off the mark.

A wheelbarrow of a cash?! More like a teacup of pennies.

With all due respect, nobody can take you seriously if you are calling Ollie fucking Watkins a great modern forward !

He's a reasonably young english prospect. That's it. Nothing great about him right now so let's not over-egg the pudding. Jesus christ!
You've forgotten how it works. Joins us, its why are we signing championship prospects, we want superstars (or in the case of Wilson relegation fodder). Joins someone else, we should have been all over it, what a prospect smart signing etc

You've forgotten how it works. Joins us, its why are we signing championship prospects, we want superstars (or in the case of Wilson relegation fodder). Joins someone else, we should have been all over it, what a prospect smart signing etc

Newcastle sign 3 relegated players..... Check the revisionist after-thoughts yesterday.

Apparently Mike Ashley.... Mike Fucking Ashley; the most derided Owner/Chairman in the league is a virtuous example when it comes to recruitment now.

FFS!!!!

Works both ways tho doesn't it, Hojboj was basically an average midfielder nobody really wanted until he became cheap because of his contract situation and even then there wasn't a long queue of suitors, now he is a player that brings that winning mentality that demands more of his teammates like Roy Keane did (despite not achieving this at Southampton)and has that Bayern Munchen pedigree, it's a wonder our mega virgins/scouts in here missed him for the last 4 years!

Joe Hart is the funniest one butter fingered sop/butt of all jokes is now a good signing because experience and winning mentality

FranceFootball reports that Leon Bailey is very likely to leave Bayer Leverkusen as they are looking to bring in a number of replacements.

By the way: Volland left them for Monaco a couple of days ago for just 15m. One year left on his contract, 28 years old. 50 goals in 148 games. How we dont pick up this kind of player, I really don't know.

He's a great modern forward.

Fair amount of flair, skill, technical ability and composure

While also being quick, strong, durable, agile and versatile.

This is the profile we recruited when we peaked. Athletic, strong and skillful players like Bale, Kane, Dembele, Walker etc.

Great? Modern? Forward?
Wutnow.

Sorry, did not see anything specifically quick, neither strong even his highlight reel. Agile? wat dat even means. Versatile - Son, Bergwijn etc are also versatile.

And to put a Champo player who scores goals with acres of room into same bucket as Dembele
tbf we are wanting him to come in as primarily a backup and someone who could be serviceable should Kane miss games. And his fee will be around 18-20m. He fills that role very well right now and could grow into a better player here.

Okay, that's fair enough.

Only thing I think is - he would take significant step up from Champo to EPL. Wouldn't it be too difficult to adjust to tempo and level while not getting consistent game time? In that sense seasoned EPL player could have hit the ground running. Then again this same question applies to say Diallo...

Newcastle sign 3 relegated players..... Check the revisionist after-thoughts yesterday.

Apparently Mike Ashley.... Mike Fucking Ashley; the most derided Owner/Chairman in the league is a virtuous example when it comes to recruitment now.

FFS!!!!
And they say football fans are fickle
:sonlol:

FranceFootball reports that Leon Bailey is very likely to leave Bayer Leverkusen as they are looking to bring in a number of replacements.

By the way: Volland left them for Monaco a couple of days ago for just 15m. One year left on his contract, 28 years old. 50 goals in 148 games. How we dont pick up this kind of player, I really don't know.
I was annoyed we didn't make an attempt for Volland. I saw him play for Leverkusen vs Frankfurt couple of years back, he got a hatrick. He'd have been a great option for us.

Back
Top Bottom