Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif

I had a dream last night that we signed;
Martial
Rashford
and Jesus

And people on here were saying "Yeah, but they're wide players who sometimes play through the middle, they are NOT strikers"

I honestly thought you meant Jesus as in the Son of Nazareth and all round good egg.

Steady on Stevee. Keep it to a Sunday.

Maybe Airfixx Airfixx will change it to "any striker other than Deeney " ?

Yeh... Why not. :)

I'm 2 for 2 on these bets so far this summer.... Let's make it a hatrick for a good cause.

Anyone fancy a flutter?

£20 charity bet says we sign a striker (other than Troy The Boy) this window..... Winner picks the charity. 👍

I love how you're counting Burnleys fourth choice goalkeeper as a full third.

Either way...

No left back or good striker, the window will leave us far behind our rivals even if I like both PEH and Doherty.
Yep we needed 5 or 6 players really. Got 2 so far & have barely spent much on them (not pretending hart is a great signing who will feature much). LB & striker would make it 4 which is pretty good going. We can't have everything!
Mourinho has upped the pressure on the club/levy to get a striker in so that's a big step forward.

I am not necessarily annoyed that we haven't signed a striker yet this window. On a per window basis there can be mitigating factors. I am fuming that we have not signed one for two years. It is not good enough for Levy to say "the fans don't realise how difficult it is" on his fluffy documentary. It is your job, so get on with it.

There are some posters on here who just cannot read between lines or who do not understand the intricacies of the mind.

Look at Mourinho's career to date and look at how he has achieved success.

Of course it has to be different with us because we are none of Real Madrid and United in terms of historic leverage, nor Chelsea and their dirty oil money.

But the way the man does his stuff is to have a settled squad who are ready for what comes ahead.

Mourinho would have told Levy what he needs (within the club's financial limits) and expected them by the start of the season.

It ain't happening so Mourinho will in his very clever psychological way apply pressure.

What he won't do is accept the blame if we are not even a squad that can be called capable. Why would he.

He is telling Levy, show me the players!!

There are some posters on here that always read between the lines when it's not necessary. He's saying he wants a striker, the club know he wants a striker and EVERYONE is working hard together to get a striker but we're not mega rich so have to do things differently.

If you want to read more into it then so be it but I don't see any stress or gun held to anyone's head. Like I said I personally believe we must be very close otherwise these statements wouldn't be made.

Back
Top Bottom