Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not in the top 10??

Yea that's not over the top...

Kane
Son
Lloris

i would say those 3 you couldn't even debate, no doubt better.

Now we get to 2 that I think are tricky because they weren't here the whole time but even in their shorten time I would say were undoutably better:

Eriksen
GLC

I would say that Toby was better. Sanchez was better. Winks who I don't rate was better. Tanganga better. Bergwijn, although short time period was better.

So that is 10, although you might have an issue with me including guys that weren't here the whole time.

I cannot say he was any better than Aurier, Jan, Dier or Lamela although I am not sure they were any better than him either.

TalkSport Quote about Bale Transfer:

"Daniel Levy, and not Jose Mourinho, is the driving force behind this deal. This is very much a chairman's gift to his manager."
This is Levy's gift to Levy. Been trying to do this for 2-3 years now. Just happened to work out now.

Kane
Son
Lloris

i would say those 3 you couldn't even debate, no doubt better.

Now we get to 2 that I think are tricky because they weren't here the whole time but even in their shorten time I would say were undoutably better:

Eriksen
GLC

I would say that Toby was better. Sanchez was better. Winks who I don't rate was better. Tanganga better. Bergwijn, although short time period was better.

So that is 10, although you might have an issue with me including guys that weren't here the whole time.

I cannot say he was any better than Aurier, Jan, Dier or Lamela although I am not sure they were any better than him either.
I mean he scored 10 goals in the league last season, almost 1 goal every 3 games. Really good for a winger tbh. Last year everyone suffered due to our extremely poor midfield.

He is ok, not amazing. Works hard though. Some shit games, some great. Inconsistent.

Because as soon as he plays and offers nothing like (good version) Kane, it’s going to mean everyone moaning that we aren’t taking the EL/FAC/LC seriously or wishing we were playing Kane not the shit/mediocre back up guy.

Bale is a wide Inverted forward, not a winger.

So which of the 3 options do you go with then?

Give up? Over use? or Out of position winger?

People are going to whine anyways, look at the uproar about the crazy idea of bringing in a good young player that fits a need that we clearly have at the club.

I think we also get Milik , they need to sell and know he will come for free next season , Levy will be in his prime !

Son / Kane / Bale
Bergwijn / Milik / Lucas
+ Dele, Lamela, Sessengon, Clarke (& Parrot to return).

That be some of that depth stuff we always hear about.

That is a joke right?
Not a joke. An opinion. He certainly hasn’t been anywhere near the “shit list”. He dragged us from the abyss in that semi final. Probably one of the best individual performances I have seen (alongside Bale v Inter)
Quickly forgotten though, and back to a bit part player. It happens when you have Harry Kane declaring he is fit for the final (when he wasn’t if my eye witness evidence means anything). I don’t think Lucas is anywhere near as bad As people make out. And he gave me the biggest heart stopping moment in over 40 years as a Spurs fan when he put that last second winner away. I felt like I’d come a million times. My West Ham supporting neighbour was in the pub with me that night. Every fucker in that pub was a spurs fan that moment. Scenes. Limbs. It was mad.
So maybe I’m biased. But I resent comments claiming as fact that we would be better off right here, right now, with some young lad from a Lower league. Utter fucking gash.

I mean he scored 10 goals in the league last season, almost 1 goal every 3 games. Really good for a winger tbh. Last year everyone suffered due to our extremely poor midfield.

He is ok, not amazing. Works hard though. Some shit games, some great. Inconsistent.

Loves a big game goal.

Utd, City, Barca, Ajax

Son / Kane / Bale
Bergwijn / Milik / Lucas
+ Dele, Lamela, Sessengon, Clarke (& Parrot to return).

That be some of that depth stuff they always talk about.
Also; Moura scored 10 goals in 18/19. Lamela scored 16 goals in 160 PL games for us. Pretty obvious which player is superior.

Part of the problem is we've had to play way too many sub-level players as regular starters the last two years.

Having the likes of Lucas, Davies, Winks, as subs instead of starters is huge.

Part of the problem is we've had to play way too many sub-level players as regular starters the last two years.

Having the likes of Lucas, Davies, Winks, as subs instead of starters is huge.
The Sissoko Winks pivot is out of control and sadly I don’t think it will ever die.

He has been a good soldier for us, playing when needed and never complaining. Seems like a good guy as well.

But we have a surplus of wingers and a real lack of creativity in our squad. Moura does not offer any help in that area. He is a poor passer, has poor vision and is not good at receiving and keeping passes.

If it is easier for people to move Lamela go ahead, I think Lamela is more useful because of his ability to come on late when we have a lead and help run the game out but he is so limited himself that replacing him helps as well.

The main point is that we need to add creativity to the line-up, it would be nice to add youth to the squad. Replacing one of the two wingers who do not add any creativity with a player that does would be nice.

I know this idea blows the mind of many on here so I will let it go because it is not worth dealing with the people that can't handle it. We can continue to go down the path of Moura being one of our key attackers and hoping we can keep getting OG's and Brenton lining up with a highline back 3 of Morgan, Bennett and Evans and see how that works for us.

No he hasn't declined he has always been limited.

And just because you are making stuff about how someone would have reacted doesn't make it anymore true.

The fact you can claim to watch Moura and this team and not see the need for creativity and passing, two things Moura cannot offer is baffling to me. Honestly if I hadn't seen how resistant some people are to improving the team if it means moving on from a mediocre player I would think you were trolling to get a reaction.

The idea that improving on Lucas Moura, a player that is clearly limited, is seen as such a negative by you makes no sense. The resistance that some fans have to improving a team that struggled to get to 6th spot, playing trugid football relying on OG's and huge individual errors from the opposition makes no sense.

I will never understand fans not wanting to see their club improve.
You’re American aren’t you?
:mourpointlaugh:
If you aren’t then you’ve been very sheltered.
We won’t immediately improve anything by shipping out Moura for Eze. Sessegnon was tearing up fences at Fulham. He looks like a lost child at Spurs. He was definitely a signing that came back to the EPL from a relegated side.

Back
Top Bottom