Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

About Milik and his dodgy knees. People get injured playing for Tottenham, always. If they have an underlying damage you can fucking bet on it they stay out for a long time. Please get a striker that isn't already dodgy. Get one that's fresh so we at least can destroy him ourselves. I predict Milic injured before end of October and back in early April. Kane out January to early April. And Son playing striker during the whole spring, as usual.

Have we ever had a Tottenham team where we can play our first XI every week?

Swear we always have 1/2 injury prone players.

Compare that to Liverpool who don't ever seem to rotate

Most are unmoved, Levy less sure.

Separately, If it is an obligation (proper) for ffp it's current year expense for the full fee. If its an option its only the loan fee.
We did that deal on GLC so Betis pay less on the sell on clause they had on him. If it’s an unmoved obligation the loan then buy would be an invalid contract (I don’t remember the name of the doctrine in English but like a fake contract you sign with a smaller consideration then actually paid to pay less tax).

Edit: my chitty says Illusory Promise of some sort r-u-s-x r-u-s-x

Last edited:
Hojbjerg - £15m
Doherty - £15m
Regulion - £28m
Bale - loan
Hart - free
Skriniar - £32m
Milik - £16.5m

Total c£106.5m

Obviously some fees will be close to the mark, others undervalued based on the end fee paid etc but if we can get all of this done for just over £100m-£120m that will end up being a top class window. All of those summers of ring fencing some of the Champions League money paying off perhaps? When others are chasing their financial tails, we seem poised to notice how opportunistic a window like this can be for a well run club off the pitch.
You have to remember we won't be paying transfer fees in full, so that 100 mill will be spread over the next 3 to 4 years in repayments. Manageable and not stretching ourselves at all

Its crazy to think how different our team will look once the window closes. I think we end up with Milik and Skriniar, but even if we don't its still a crazy turn around.

2019/20 first match (the fucking diamond
Hugo
KWP-Toby-Dav-Rose
Winks
Tanguy-Sissoko
Lamela
Moura-Kane

Possible lineup by the end of October
Doherty-Skriniar-Dier-Reguilon
Tanguy-PEH-GLC
Bale-Kane-Son

Back