Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would much rather sell Aurier and bring in a young player that we can develop at RB.

Doherty is 28, turning 29 in January, so likely has 2 years at most left of being a top level RB. It would be nice to have someone with the potential to take over in a year or two rather than just go through all this again in two years.

Its too bad there is a ~20 year old HG RB available for around 20m that has shown he could fill in if needed in the PL and spend time developing in the Europa League and Domestic Cups. That guy could be a useful player for us.
Buy Lamptey next year perhaps?

I would much rather sell Aurier and bring in a young player that we can develop at RB.

Doherty is 28, turning 29 in January, so likely has 2 years at most left of being a top level RB. It would be nice to have someone with the potential to take over in a year or two rather than just go through all this again in two years.

Its too bad there is a ~20 year old HG RB available for around 20m that has shown he could fill in if needed in the PL and spend time developing in the Europa League and Domestic Cups. That guy could be a useful player for us.

If we were to bring in a young RB, Lamptey is the guy I'd target. I think I read something about Brighton being interested in a loan for Sessegnon. Maybe there is some kind of deal we can make there. They get Sess for a year loan and we get a discount on a Lamptey transfer. Or we buy Lamptey for cheap and loan him back. They can develop both for us haha

Levy is not as shrewd as he thinks he is
That's slanderous! I have seen people carded on here for less! :levylol:
I think Levy is good at exploiting any kind of weakness, this is why he is so good when players are down to the last year of the contract, with Sess, Fulham are a rich club and he was in contract, they had no need to sell and at the time I actually thought £25 million was a bargain

Wolfsburg's club director Marcel Schäfer: “Wout Weghorst has been speculating in the media for weeks, months. Nobody has contacted us yet. If you look at the last Tottenham game in the Premier League you can see that they have fewer problems on the attack. They don’t need Wout"

Just wondering, who you talkin bout? Aarons?

Gold reported today that Milan looking for around 42 million, while we're pushing for around 30 million.
I do feel though that we need some sales before this goes ahead. Any takers for Aurier, Foyth, or Rose? Won't be easy.
Weird thing is that £42m equates to €46m - so either Inter Milan have dropped their reported asking price significantly and we're still trying to eek out a bargain or someone is fibbing.

You’re boring mate and tedious.

The squad was good enough hence the fact it got there.
Some players have left.
Some lost interest.
Some are still good.
Some have lost form
Some were good enough then but aren’t now.

If that’s too much for you to understand you’ll have to deal with it alone.
Sissoko and Winks in midfield were good enough to win us the CL but they are 'back up levels'.
Some weren't good enough after the CL final, but Poch still had to work with them.
You say some lost interest and form does that mean they should be replaced or are they still good enough tools?

THFC have been informed that Inter Milan will significantly drop their £55M price for Milan Škriniar after talks today. A deal could now be agreed below £40M. [Football Insider]

Lloris, Doherty, Alderweireld, Skriniar, Regulion, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Son, Bale, Kane

Hart, Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Lucas, Bergwijn, Milik

Squad depth added with Cirkin, Tanganga, Lamela etc and that as a 25 man squad looks excellent. In all honesty, if we go into the season looking like this, where are we thinking the lads could end up come May/ June 2021?

Just wondering, who you talkin bout? Aarons?

He is the one that comes to mind. I think he has shown enough that it would be worth it to take him on as a back-up and develop him behind Doherty.

Worse case scenario is that with him being HG and already played in the PL we could get what we paid for him in a few years if we don't think he is at our level.

Lloris, Doherty, Alderweireld, Skriniar, Regulion, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Son, Bale, Kane

Hart, Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Lucas, Bergwijn, Milik

Squad depth added with Cirkin, Tanganga, Lamela etc and that as a 25 man squad looks excellent. In all honesty, if we go into the season looking like this, where are we thinking the lads could end up come May/ June 2021?

It really would be shit or bust for Daniel/Jose though wouldn't it ?. For that squad to end the season empty handed would surely demand heads rolled or do we look for an absolute minimum of top four finish this term and one hell of a 21/22 season ?

If we were to bring in a young RB, Lamptey is the guy I'd target. I think I read something about Brighton being interested in a loan for Sessegnon. Maybe there is some kind of deal we can make there. They get Sess for a year loan and we get a discount on a Lamptey transfer. Or we buy Lamptey for cheap and loan him back. They can develop both for us haha

I assumed Lamptey wasn't available since he just got to Brighton and has played well for them. But if he is available that is another good option to have developing behind Doherty.

I assumed Lamptey wasn't available since he just got to Brighton and has played well for them. But if he is available that is another good option to have developing behind Doherty.
I said it the other day, I would sign Lamptey this window and loan him back this season if that is what they want. Reguilon and Lamptey bombing forward would be great to watch.

I really don't think they'd actually sell now bth. But he is one to keep an eye on.

It really would be shit or bust for Daniel/Jose though wouldn't it ?. For that squad to end the season empty handed would surely demand heads rolled or do we look for an absolute minimum of top four finish this term and one hell of a 21/22 season ?
I'm not going to demand Jose's head if we miss out on top 4 and a trophy, time is needed for the squad to gel and squad rebuilding needs to continue.

Sissoko and Winks in midfield were good enough to win us the CL but they are 'back up levels'.
Some weren't good enough after the CL final, but Poch still had to work with them.
You say some lost interest and form does that mean they should be replaced or are they still good enough tools?
Work it out from here. This is my default answer. You’re asking the same thing as if my views will change if you ask me again.
They won’t. This is my answer, it covers all grounds.

The squad was good enough hence the fact it got there.
Some players have left.
Some lost interest.
Some are still good.
Some have lost form
Some were good enough then but aren’t now.

Back
Top Bottom