Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too much to do does not excuse you dropping a simple cross because you jump like a mentally fucked up salmon, or try and do drag backs against a striker or run into your own player for absolutely no reason.

But hey, it's good to know we can look past all this with confidence

Like I said, Hugo’s stats in general are excellent, the whole team has made horrible mistakes this season and Hugo does not deserve to be singled out. With a limited budget there are areas we need to focus on much more urgently if we are going to win matches consistently. Spending £70m on a new keeper and nothing on the midfield would see us finish in mid table, our keeper is not the reason we are unable to play proper football.

Havertz has definitely got more composed technique under pressure than Alli, he's a "good" footballer, with some good qualities but, like Alli, I can't really see where he fits easily into any side, and with Alli here already, I'm not really bothered about missing out on Havertz.

Yeah, they are comparable in a lot of areas, but I would rather have Kai than Alli in all honesty. I feel he has more control of the ball at his feet and is just more of an all around footballer. But that isn't happening so may as well just let Kai go to whomever grabs him.

Last edited:
Like I said, Hugo’s stats in general are excellent, the whole team has made horrible mistakes this season and Hugo does not deserve to be singled out. With a limited budget there are areas we need to focus on much more urgently if we are going to win matches consistently. Spending £70m on a new keeper and nothing on the midfield would see us finish in mid table, our keeper is not the reason we are unable to play proper football.
Over the years Hugo has made some outstanding saves and saved us games/points, but he is also prone to blunders occasionally which has caused the reverse.
Although your right that the team has been shit this season, a new keeper is a requirement soon I feel, but as for £70m the club won't spend that on the team let alone one position.
The midfield isn't right and the entire back four isn't good enough, that is going to take time and money both of which are in short supply these days.

Our keeper, our defence and our defensive midfield are the reason.

Hugo stat's? Wht is the stat for trying to do dragbacks on your own goal line? Or injuring yourself because you can't jump properly? Or conceding 7 at home in the CL? How does any of that make "excellent" reading.

We don't have a single goalkeeper we can trust.

Yes our defence is shit, Jose's solution, give a contract jackpot to a player in the worst form of his life and getting worse every month.

But hey, I read an article yesterday where Jose said he could solve our defensive problems "no worries" but he'd have to sacrifice our attack to do so, so we're just hanging on Jose getting the balance correct!

Hugo stat's? Wht is the stat for trying to do dragbacks on your own goal line? Or injuring yourself because you can't jump properly? Or conceding 7 at home in the CL? How does any of that make "excellent" reading.

Yes our defence is shit, Jose's solution, give a contract jackpot to a player in the worst form of his life and getting worse every month.

But hey, I read an article yesterday where Jose said he could solve our defensive problems "no worries" but he'd have to sacrifice our attack to do so, so we're just hanging on Jose getting the balance correct!

Cool.... 7 CL-worthy players in this (inevitably fucked up) trf window. Piece of piss. :mourthumb:

I think Jose was worried about going ultra defensive because he thought the backlash would come.
But I think we did need to go that way for a while at least until confidence had been gained, before the lockdown our form was truly shocking with the team not being able to defend for shit.
Let's hope now it's like a pre season, with work being done on both the physical and mental side of the training, became it certainly needs it if we are to resurrect something from this shit season.

I can see us being one. But if United want him, he’s going there.

Leicester, Wolves and.....? : P

I had the impression he was always injured.... Not so much:

Turns out he just doesn't score very much in a team fabled as being "attacking:.

EPL APP: 154
Goals: 46 (12)

= 1 in 3.3

Wherever he goes he'll be signing for splinters.... Crazy to think that a few windows' back he and Wilson were both being touted as being 'worth' £70m.

Last edited:
Leicester, Wolves and.....? : P

I had the impression he was always injured.... Not so much:

Turns out he just doesn't score very much in a team fabled as being "attacking:.

EPL APP: 154
Goals: 46 (12)

= 1 in 3.3

Wherever he goes he'll be signing for splinters.... Crazy to think that a few windows' back he and WIlson were both being touted as being 'worth' £70m.
How high on our list of priorities is this though, yes we have needed back up for a while, but hasn't the absence of a DM and the porous defence now considered a priority.

Shopping list
Southampton will be forced to sell stars like Danny Ings, 27, Nathan Redmond, 26, and James Ward-Prowse, 25, this summer if the club cannot find a buyer for owner's 80% stake. (Star

Shopping list
Southampton will be forced to sell stars like Danny Ings, 27, Nathan Redmond, 26, and James Ward-Prowse, 25, this summer if the club cannot find a buyer for owner's 80% stake. (Star
I’d take Ward-Prowse. It would be nice to have someone who can take a free kick and put the ball in the net for a change. I know Eriksen could do that for the Danish National team, but most of his efforts for us were an exercise in frustration!

How high on our list of priorities is this though, yes we have needed back up for a while, but hasn't the absence of a DM and the porous defence now considered a priority.

Absolutely, I said as much (specifically about a DM) in January... Even with Harry on the sidelines.

There are goals in the team, but how many games this season have we put ourselves on the back-foot by conceding first?

(I'd say most without checking....)

I’d take Ward-Prowse. It would be nice to have someone who can take a free kick and put the ball in the net for a change. I know Eriksen could do that for the Danish National team, but most of his efforts for us were an exercise in frustration!

4 FK goals since 2015... Aside from that we already have 4 players who play in his position.

Far more pressing needs.

Back
Top Bottom