Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Ings all day, works his knackers off and now he has found where the goal is as well.

Thing is if you're Ings.... Sign as the main man for (eg) Everton or ride our bench?

Having just got his game on and his shit together; no brainer really.

Absolutely, I said as much (specifically about a DM) in January... Even with Harry on the sidelines.

There are goals in the team, but how many games this season have we put ourselves on the back-foot by conceding first?

(I'd say most without checking....)
I make you right on that, and the team was showing at one point some very good counter attacking play, but again let down by poor defending.
If Jose can get this sorted, we may still be a bit of a force for the rest of the season.

I make you right on that, and the team was showing at one point some very good counter attacking play, but again let down by poor defending.
If Jose can get this sorted, we may still be a bit of a force for the rest of the season.

Thankfully Harry's ability to hold the ball up will help take a little pressure off the defense too.

I'm more curious as to who on earth would have to sell to raise 60m from 3 players....

Jose is building a squad to compete for the title in the 21/22 season. The 20/21 season will be a transition year for us, where we will aim for top 4 and a domestic cup. In 21/22 Liverpool and City will be entering a rebuilding phase; and our main competition will likely be chelsea and united.

With that in mind, we need to move on our older players. In the 21/22 season, the age of some of our older players. I'd say several of these need to be 'cashed in' by next summer.

Jan - 35
Toby - 33
Moura - 30
Lamela - 30
Sissoko - 33
Aurier - 29
Son - 30
Davis - 29
Kane - 29
Dier - 28
Hugo - 35

Raising 60m this summer from 3 players? - Moura (25m) / Sissoko (20m) / Lamela (15m). Not sure we could achieve 20m for a 31 year old sissoko on 100k a week.

Jose is building a squad to compete for the title in the 21/22 season. The 20/21 season will be a transition year for us, where we will aim for top 4 and a domestic cup. In 21/22 Liverpool and City will be entering a rebuilding phase; and our main competition will likely be chelsea and united.

With that in mind, we need to move on our older players. In the 21/22 season, the age of some of our older players. I'd say several of these need to be 'cashed in' by next summer.

Jan - 35
Toby - 33
Moura - 30
Lamela - 30
Sissoko - 33
Aurier - 29
Son - 30
Davis - 29
Kane - 29
Dier - 28
Hugo - 35

Raising 60m this summer from 3 players? - Moura (25m) / Sissoko (20m) / Lamela (15m). Not sure we could achieve 20m for a 31 year old sissoko on 100k a week.

The ages of the players we have signed backs up what you're saying.

Sess - 20
GLC - 24
Ndombele - 23
Gedson - 21
Bergwijn - 22

Already in the vault we have Parrott, Skipp, Cirkin, and Tanganga.

It is clear that Poch was right in that we need a painful rebuild. The pain will be most felt by Levy as the market will be cautious.

I'm not sure some of our fans can take another transitional season. I suppose if we aren't having crowds back for a while and European football looks in doubt then it is a good time to go through the painful process. Closed door games watch like a training match anyway.

The ages of the players we have signed backs up what you're saying.

Sess - 20
GLC - 24
Ndombele - 23
Gedson - 21
Bergwijn - 22

Already in the vault we have Parrott, Skipp, Cirkin, and Tanganga.

It is clear that Poch was right in that we need a painful rebuild. The pain will be most felt by Levy as the market will be cautious.

I'm not sure some of our fans can take another transitional season. I suppose if we aren't having crowds back for a while and European football looks in doubt then it is a good time to go through the painful process. Closed door games watch like a training match anyway.

An of course Alli (24). Sanchez (23)

I guess our 11 for 21/22 looks like

???
??? - Sanchez - Tanganga - Sess
Winks - Ndombele
Alli - GLC - Son
Kane

With Gedson, Skipp, Parrott, Bergjwin, Clarke on the beach.

Clearly A LOT of work to do. A new Keeper, 2 new CBs, 2 new RB's, a striker, somebody to compete with GLC and Son.

OK...maybe we should aim for 22/23 !!! :)

Jan - 35
Toby - 33
Moura - 30
Lamela - 30
Sissoko - 33
Aurier - 29
Son - 30
Davis - 29
Kane - 29
Dier - 28
Hugo - 35

If we get those prices for those players I'll be very impressed..... I can't see (m)any teams that would be interested in our deadwood having money for those kind of pricetags this summer.

Aside from Kane and Son, I think we'd have to sell our entire team to raise that much.

And Havertz isn't going for 70 million. Closer to half that. Transfer fees have changed.
I don't think Havertz will ever go for "reasonable money" though.

Admittedly, transfer fees will go down on average, but I believe the most hyped up wonderkids will still go for the crazy amounts. Also, I think Bayer Leverkusen is healthy enough to not having to sell their star players to survive as a club during these times. (I could be wrong)

Time will tell.

I don't think Havertz will ever go for "reasonable money" though.

Admittedly, transfer fees will go down on average, but I believe the most hyped up wonderkids will still go for the crazy amounts. Also, I think Bayer Leverkusen is healthy enough to not having to sell their star players to survive as a club during these times. (I could be wrong)

Time will tell.
Havertz and Brandt are 2 players that would move us to the top of the tree, maybe it would be worth paying the money. Put those 2 in the same team as Kane and Son and we would score 5 every week.

Back
Top Bottom