Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif

Nice yacht btw.

#SizeMatters.

would Yussuf Poulsen be a good rotation alternative to Kane? 25 years old, big, strong, decent tekkers. RB trained etc. And seemingly being moved on by Leipzig.

would Yussuf Poulsen be a good rotation alternative to Kane? 25 years old, big, strong, decent tekkers. RB trained etc. And seemingly being moved on by Leipzig.

He would be a great addition. But I don't think he is being moved on by Leipzig. They intend very much to hold on to him. Poulsen is also more of a winger, very fast, so he is not necessarily a rotation alternative to Kane.

He would be a great addition. But I don't think he is being moved on by Leipzig. They intend very much to hold on to him. Poulsen is also more of a winger, very fast, so he is not necessarily a rotation alternative to Kane.
I would not class Poulsen as a winger. Whenever I watch Leipzig play and Poulsen is used he's utilized as a central striker with Werner and another winger working off of him.

I would not class Poulsen as a winger. Whenever I watch Leipzig play and Poulsen is used he's utilized as a central striker with Werner and another winger working off of him.

Formally speaking, you're right, but he drifts out wide quite often. And I think the right wing is his best position, where he can utilize his speed cutting inwards toward goal.

Formally speaking, you're right, but he drifts out wide quite often. And I think the right wing is his best position, where he can utilize his speed cutting inwards toward goal.
Not too different from Harry then, who also likes to move about a bit. Stylistically I think he could work.

The question would be if Leipzig are willing to let him go for a reasonable price. I guess it depends on if they can get Schick over on a permanent move or not.

Can’t wait to see a match thread on here if we sign another striker, rest Harry at home to Bournemouth and draw 0-0. The world would burn to a crisp. But we need to sign a striker to rotate with Harry. As long as he’s guaranteed to score when he plays obviously.

Thing is, Yussuf isn’t a goalscorer. The only reason he works as a striker at Leipzig is because he’s got a partner (Werner), who profits from the space created by Poulsen. Poulsen’s best trait is by far his work ethic. He’s willing to leave everything on the pitch. Other than that he’s got some pace and height. Doing a bit too much diving for my taste.

Denmark has been playing a 4-3-3 and in that system Poulsen has been a RW. Even with injuries and poor form to some key Danish strikers, Poulsen hasn’t been chosen as the striker. Denmark has changed head coach during the Covid break, so don’t know what Poulsen’s role will be moving on.

I've been watching Poulsen for a while now. Post above sums it up really.

Wasteful on too many chances which he won't really get with limited game time. He's a workhorse but lacks quality. Better players around profit from that work. Depending ons what style of play JM intends it is going to be hit or miss.

Given we have been begging for a striker this season, it might not be a terrible signing as he can play CF or RW. But a squad should never be in a position like we were in around February.

Kampl looked very good last game for Leipzig.

Personally would like us to go for Klostermann. Can play RB, CB. Either in a back 4 or 3.

Shows a turn of pace when needed, comfortable on the ball, tall, good in the air and most of all not reckless when tackling unlike Upamecano.

Not in the sense that Kane is, but he either scores or assists in more than every other game which is a quite nice statistic.

I don't know how great that is for a team averaging 2.5 goals pr. game in the Bundesliga. You would have to be Firmino to get away with that output.

Between the 3 of them Yussuf is using the longets time providing goals or assists in the Bundesliga.

Werner 72 mins pr. goal/assist
Schick 100 mins pr. goal/assist
Poulsen 110 mins pr. goal/assist

Back
Top Bottom