Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know how great that is for a team averaging 2.5 goals pr. game in the Bundesliga. You would have to be Firmino to get away with that output.

Between the 3 of them Yussuf is using the longets time providing goals or assists in the Bundesliga.

Werner 72 mins pr. goal/assist
Schick 100 mins pr. goal/assist
Poulsen 110 mins pr. goal/assist

Werner would be a marvellous addition, obviously. But our stock has fallen to the point where he is out of reach, I'm afraid.

Poulsen would be a good option of course, especially for rotation, but:

He’s likely going to be moderately expensive and he’s foreign. We cannot, under any circumstances imo, cheap out on defensive options this summer. If buying Poulsen means we have to sign a lesser quality RB or CB, it’s not a good move.

Liverpool don't want to pay the release fee at the moment - they dont know how the transfer market will look. £50M for a player of his quality is great pre Corona, who knows now.

I would be genuinely surprised if Werner ended up anywhere else. He’s chatting with Klopp and being courted, Leipzig have no problem with it either, even during this coronavirus outbreak.

Who knows how this will fully impact the market but I don’t know where else he goes tbh. Maybe Bayern...I guess?

I would be genuinely surprised if Werner ended up anywhere else. He’s chatting with Klopp and being courted, Leipzig have no problem with it either, even during this coronavirus outbreak.

Who knows how this will fully impact the market but I don’t know where else he goes tbh. Maybe Bayern...I guess?
He thought he was going Munich in the summer just gone but they didn't move for him in the way he expected, that bridge may have been burnt.

GREAT!
Although I doubt this is entirely true , Tottenham will surely have some money , however small that figure is

If we want to sign say Max Aarons we're gonna have to offer cash , similarly Eze (very small amounts)
Other players we can get on FREE'S / SWAPS /LOANS so I'm not too worried
But Hopefully there is some cash

GREAT!
Although I doubt this is entirely true , Tottenham will surely have some money , however small that figure is

There's going to be some cash. But the club would be stupid to not plan for a worst case scenario. People tend to forget that the club has to plan for the worst whilst this is going on.

With today's market prices what money we will have available not counting money generated through sales will be more or less no cash.

Back
Top Bottom