Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skriniar and Vinicius will make it another 2 foreign signings, so we definitely need to loan/sell some foreign players we don't need.

Hart is allegedly on 27.5k per week. I don’t think you could get a better home grown goalkeeper for less than Hart’s salary on a free transfer. So I think this was a good deal, especially if Gazzaniga can be sold, as this boosts the HG count, and saves money allowing other transfers to occur
With respect this will only be a good deal if Joe Hart plays like he used to. Doesn't matter how cheap he was or that it allowed HGP juggling, if he fails to revive his flagging career and has a couple of horror shows then with Gazza gone we are in trouble. I sincerely hope not but I still need convincing.

Though this was a nice quote from Jose regarding the striker situation :

"I am optimistic, but more than that the feeling that I like is that we are trying everything to do it. You succeed or you don't succeed. It's like a football match: you win or you don't win but you give everything and try everything. The transfer market is the same.
"I like the feeling that my club is trying to do everything for us and for the team, that's the most important thing for me. If we succeed then great - I believe so - but if we don't then that's football."

Illustrates the good relationship and mutual respect that currently exists between him and the board. Personally I'm confident a deal will be done by the end of this weekend. No desperate Monday dashing around sending faxes please.
:coys:

Though this was a nice quote from Jose regarding the striker situation :

"I am optimistic, but more than that the feeling that I like is that we are trying everything to do it. You succeed or you don't succeed. It's like a football match: you win or you don't win but you give everything and try everything. The transfer market is the same.
"I like the feeling that my club is trying to do everything for us and for the team, that's the most important thing for me. If we succeed then great - I believe so - but if we don't then that's football."

Illustrates the good relationship and mutual respect that currently exists between him and the board. Personally I'm confident a deal will be done by the end of this weekend. No desperate Monday dashing around sending faxes please.
:coys:
Levy is definitely MOTM this window! :levywtf:

The two who may need to leave for match time are sessegnon and foyth, and I'd have them both go out on loan. Also tanganga would be 5th choice if we somehow got skriniar over the line. I think you probably need 5 CBs but the poor lad won't get much game time if that were the case.

Otherwise Sissoko, Gedson and Lamela are probably up for leaving but they're all good depth, especially with our schedule and injury history.

Levy is definitely MOTM this window! :levywtf:

I get the distinct impression he's saying to the fans "Right, I've brought Mourinho in and I've backed him to the hilt regarding players he wants/needs. Should this campaign not work out then don't fucking blame me !"

To be fair to the guy if this / next season don't turn out to be trophy winning ones he will have a point.

Shaping up to be our best window in a long long long long time.

probably ever! Most normal windows consist of us leaving holes in the team or the Bale one where we spent all the cash like a drunken sailor (it felt good though). This time fair play to Levy and the board if we get Skriniar then we have fixed most of the squad and with decent or exceptional quality.

Only outstanding position would be a deep lying midfielder, we have shoehorned Winks there but we don’t really have a genuine 6, an Allen, Fabinho type. If we had that I would say for the first time ever we had a complete squad.

I get the distinct impression he's saying to the fans "Right, I've brought Mourinho in and I've backed him to the hilt regarding players he wants/needs. Should this campaign not work out then don't fucking blame me !"

To be fair to the guy if this / next season don't turn out to be trophy winning ones he will have a point.
Well I have to state this yet again, he can't get credit if we win a trophy and no blame if he doesn't.
He hired Mourinho, he's paying him 15m a year, if he fails, Levy has failed as well.

Back
Top Bottom