Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gedson? Lamela? I don't see more guys leaving...
Lamela’s one of Jose’s favs at the moment, so don’t see it unless someone offers silly money. Probably Gedson left out. I still think there’s a chance Aurier goes and Tanganga is back-up RB this season. We either have to offer him a new contract or sell him as letting him go down to the last 12 months is bad business.

Tottenham have agreed to sign Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius on a loan-to-buy deal as he prepares to undergo a medical, Football Insider understands.

Lets go. :adesalute:

I think the deal is 3m loan with no obligation to buy so it as try before you buy. If he does well we pay the full £40m, if he fails we kick him back.

Plus that price will include all the performance add ons (probably about 20%?) so in reality much closer to £30m unless we do the league/cl double in which case who cares?

Well I have to state this yet again, he can't get credit if we win a trophy and no blame if he doesn't.
He hired Mourinho, he's paying him 15m a year, if he fails, Levy has failed as well.
At no point in my statement did I mention him getting any credit should the team win a trophy. I was pointing out that in this scenario no-one can accuse the chairman of not giving his full support to the manager regarding transfers, as was often the case when Poch was here.
Levy will have done everything to try and make Jose's appointment a success and if there's no trophy to show for it then yes the two of them have failed, but no-one can surely say they didn't give it their best shot or could have done more.
As a very famous man once said :
It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. At Spurs we set our sights very high, so that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”

Hart
Hojbjerg
Doherty
Reguilon
Bale
Skriniar
Vinicius

I make that a 9/10 window, especially if the final 2 get over the line.

To make it a 10 we need to ship a few out.

Apart from Rose I'm perfectly happy for no-one to leave.... I don't get the clamour for sales from some fans.... A big squad will prove a big plus at some point in this crazy season.

Last edited:
I personally think Mourinho is a lot more ruthless than Pochettino. He gives Levy the targets he would like and is happy to compromise if need be. Pochettino from what I’m hearing was very select in his targets and maybe asked for unrealistic options? Who knows. I’m just happy we are really diving into the market for once and strengthening the team. This team desperately needed a clear out and a quality coming in. We are looking to bring in all of Jose’s targets and it’s great to see.

I personally think Mourinho is a lot more ruthless than Pochettino. He gives Levy the targets he would like and is happy to compromise if need be. Pochettino from what I’m hearing was very select in his targets and maybe asked for unrealistic options? Who knows. I’m just happy we are really diving into the market for once and strengthening the team. This team desperately needed a clear out and a quality coming in. We are looking to bring in all of Jose’s targets and it’s great to see.
I think Poch comprised lots of times to the extent of frustration.
I think the difference is Mourinho has a proven track record and Levy has wanted him for a long time.

Not sure how I feel about us buying the quadruple this season, as we really any better than city at this point ? :mourshock:
Remember all the posters saying they will leave if we do a city. We will be losing a lot of fans & posters this season. Especially when in January we buy sancho for 110m & coutinho for 50m. The player incomings will ironically lead to this year being the season of loss.

Apart from Rose I'm perfect happy for no-one to leave.... I don't get the clamour for sales from some fans.... A big squad will prove a big plus at some point in the crazy season.

I think shipping players out is as important as buying.

It keeps the dressing room fresh. Breaks up cliques. Gets rid of troublesome players and most of all sends a message that if you dont perform you cant just kick back in 5* luxury for the rest of your career.

Get em OUT!

Back
Top Bottom