Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes. Probably won't be happy to come here and keep the bench warm behind Kane.

:harryhmm:

200.gif

Listening to the Tifo podcast about Hoijberg, absolutely sold. Get this guy in
Really enjoyed it. Very different kind of footballer. Mature, intelligent. I liked specially when he mentioned his major role on the pitch: to make the players around him perform better.

Is it only me that feels that transfers should be suspended over this summer? In all probability, we will have small clubs going to the wall for the lack of an amount that correlates with a top player's monthly wage. It just doesn't sit well with me, but then again, I still think that we shouldn't be playing games without spectators.
Surely not allowing them to generate funds by selling their most valuable assets would only exacerbate that though?

In terms of Eze , I know he's not a nesseccity
but he's HG/young , we need another CAM
AND we cannot pass up on another championship startlet look what missing out on Grealish and Maddison did -> Backfired.
He's a signing that geniunely excites me not 31yr old washed up Willian.

I've also been sold on Hojberg
Walker-Peters + Maybe a little bit of cash and as long as KWP performs for them he's ours. He'd definetly fix a crack in our team , just hope he stays at CDM and doesn't go wondering forward.

You really think we'd have been much worse over the last three years if we'd let KWP and Onomah/Marsh/Skipp fuck about than Aurier and Sissoko ? Edwards in the squad instead of Moura flitting about like a human pin ball ? I really don't think we'd have been any worse off, but would have been about 150m in fees and wages better off now, plus the value that the HG players would have been sold for by now if they turned out to be as shit as that bunch.

This argument that academy players have to be world beaters to be any use is bogus, as you say yourself, signings we have made certainly aren't.
Aurier, as hopeless as he is at times, is still much better than KWP and two managers have now shared that opinion.
Onomah plays a different position to Sissoko and looked absolutely hopeless anytime he played for us. Skipp is a kid who I think looks excellent and most certainly would have/will get more minutes. And Marsh? Really? How many times have you seen him play to form that opinion?
And the Edwards over Lucas comment? I mean seriously? I thought one of your biggest gripes with Poch was that he didn’t loan players. Edwards was loaned out and he was just as much of a disgrace at Norwich attitude wise as he was here. It’s a shame but the kid clearly had big issues.

All in all your post is just revisionist nonsense BC.

Eze was someone Poch wanted wasn't he?

Doubt we'll get him now he's gone. Which is a shame.

I think Levy listens to people like Pleat, some scouts and agents more than he does his managers. The managers get what they are given

Eze was linked this January. If the club see him as a good investment for the future they will buy him whether Jose wants him or not. Bergwign was heavily scouted and linked before Jose arrived. Sissoko has been watched since his Toulouse days when Harry Redknapp was here. Vertonghen and Dembele were pretty much all agreed before AVB came to the club. It happens a lot

Does make you laugh. It’s the Levy’s cult only ever excuse. “ well we can’t sign any striker because they won’t want to be back up to Kane “

You're talking guff.... The reasoning offered is that certain strikers that have an over-riding need for game-time will think better of it. (No-one said we "can't" sign a striker... That would be foolish seeing as we've signed 2 in the last 4 years)

Similarly, no-one's said that Balotelli or Giroud (post-Weirner signing) wouldn't come.... You're just letting the ever-snide John Thomas John Thomas lead you up the garden path.

Would you want either anyway? Nah, the pair of you would just moan about a "lack of ambition" and yacht-based conspiracies anyway.

Back
Top Bottom