Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need 4-6. The issue we face is if keeping to a budget which is inevitable, do we go for 4-5 in one window or split it between two windows/ seasons and go for 2-3 top ones at a time?

Pile in heavy on a DM (50/60m) then see how far whatever we have left can stretch....

We won't touch making Gedson permanent until summer 2021. No point doing so this summer and it eating into our ££.

Yeah, likely won't unless he impresses these next 6 months. However, we haven't really heard if there is a clause that makes a permanent deal cheaper if we activate it in summer 2020 vs summer 2021.

Pile in heavy on a DM (50/60m) then see how far whatever we have left can stretch....

I'd do the same. Holjberg is an interesting one with his Bayern roots, tutelage under Pep and contract entering its last year but I think he'd be ultimately underwhelming based on where I see our ceiling.

Lump on a genuinely top DM and let the other positions work to a budget. Replacement for Vorm just get a HG out of contract player, do favours to ourselves on that level but I'm with you there mate, a top DM and then a little 'Arry wheeling and dealing in other areas that need a good beefing out.

We need 4-6. The issue we face is if keeping to a budget which is inevitable, do we go for 4-5 in one window or split it between two windows/ seasons and go for 2-3 top ones at a time?

Wouldn't surprise me if we did one or more loans in with an option to buy.

Seems fashionable atm, and certainly allows us to focus our financial power where we need it in the summer.

And either exercise the options in say 2021 or buy alternative players.

I'd do the same. Holjberg is an interesting one with his Bayern roots, tutelage under Pep and contract entering its last year but I think he'd be ultimately underwhelming based on where I see our ceiling.

Lump on a genuinely top DM and let the other positions work to a budget. Replacement for Vorm just get a HG out of contract player, do favours to ourselves on that level but I'm with you there mate, a top DM and then a little 'Arry wheeling and dealing in other areas that need a good beefing out.

I think Hojberg is good as backup. If we can get a sensible deal for him I'm all for it. We need 2 DMs tbh. And shift out some midfielders that dont fit the mould.

Wanyama and Dier springs to mind.

Would be delighted with that. Never gonna happen though
Don't think we will have só much problems next window as the team will be more or less fixed. For me we have good players for every position despite DM and LB. It leaves us with little to fix, so why don't just go for the best we can? Camavinga and Soumare would probably be among the best we can have, and Hojberg is experienced and a pretty good player, two of them would be immense, but If we get only one he would improve us a lot also.

Don't think we will have só much problems next window as the team will be more or less fixed. For me we have good players for every position despite DM and LB. It leaves us with little to fix, so why don't just go for the best we can? Camavinga and Soumare would probably be among the best we can have, and Hojberg is experienced and a pretty good player, two of them would be immense, but If we get only one he would improve us a lot also.

I hope so.

Soumare was available for as little as 35m. But he turned down Newcastle.

A deal for Camavinga wouldnt be too expensive either.

Who: Cabinessence
Where: FTL
When: 1st Feb 2020

Credit to @dovahkiin

JM has eye on someone for the summer who we can't get at the mo, but he has signaled his enthusiasm to sign, so back-up striker was only ever going to be a loan with option to buy, just in case they tore the place up. But obligation to buy was not an option. With the Polish striker, DL was prepared to accept obligation, but only if he could put performance conditions in there that he could control, such as number of appearances. Would have been ok, had not Hertha come in with permanent bid. Pretty much the same with all the other options, where clubs were insisting on obligations. Plus the players knew they were only stop-gap till the summer, so weren't exactly bursting at the seams to sign. And before you ask, no idea whatsoever who the summer fella is

When: 31st Jan 2020
Where: Here
Who: Tottenhamboys

Jose is happy. As he said, he wanted a striker but not any old donkey for any old Dollar. There is a very good allocation of funds for the summer and we have already held talks with targets and it’s looking very good. Jose was offered Piatek permanently (22m) by Levy but said he didn’t want to pay that as wasn’t sure he was worth that. He would have taken a loan with option to get a better look at him but we couldn’t agree with Milan and then Hertha Berlin took the punt just as I thought Milan would give way. He believes he can get a better striker for better value for money in the summer and will make do with Bergwijn, Dele, Son, Lucas etc. Eze deal looking likely for the summer, we have very good relations with QPR after Clarke and Amos. We ended interest in Jarrod Bowen after signing Bergwijn. He was waiting for us all window but then Bergwign happened, and that’s the reason for West Ham’s/Palace late scramble for him. Yes I can be criticised as an optimist but believe we have really added to our rebuild this window with perm signing of Gio and signings of Gedson and Bergwijn. Yes Giroud (IMO) would’ve been an ideal scenario but wasn’t to be. We have also shifted a lot of unwanted players and opened up space in squad for the summer. Rose and KWP will be sold. Also am told Sissoko could move on in the summer, which is sad because he cares and has been a decent servant to the club, but ultimately he is getting on and is not good enough. Jose is brutal, thankfully. Go to sleep SC, see you in the summer x

I definitely think we'll see Aarons sign.

Hopefully we are scouting DMs and didn't sign one in January as our preferred targets weren't going to be sold by their current clubs due to importance.

Huge summer and if this window is anything to go by under Mourinho, it should be a good one.

I definitely think we'll see Aarons sign.

Hopefully we are scouting DMs and didn't sign one in January as our preferred targets weren't going to be sold by their current clubs due to importance.

Huge summer and if this window is anything to go by under Mourinho, it should be a good one.

Aarons, Soumare or Camavinga, Ruben Dias & Milik would be the levels I'd be mesmerised with but it's massive money and there's chances Milik could extend at Napoli past 2021.

There is the issue as all are achievable but not at the same time due to the cost. 1-2 of those each summer with one or two Gedson loan/ Bergwijn type signings would be closer to the levels to keep us happy and pushing on.

How much do you think an Aarons type signing will be? £30m + giving them Skipp or Parrott on a year loan seems decent for all concerned.

If we could get Aarons, and a striker like Ayoze Perez, I would call it a decent window. Wouldn't be against a swap between Lucas and Adama Traore as well.

Back
Top Bottom