Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I definitely think we'll see Aarons sign.

Hopefully we are scouting DMs and didn't sign one in January as our preferred targets weren't going to be sold by their current clubs due to importance.

Huge summer and if this window is anything to go by under Mourinho, it should be a good one.

Norwich are toast so you could be right. I think we need a RB the most out of the top 6.

35m isnt a bad deal.

Would like us to get some young English players in, we are looking perilously like becoming the Woolwich 11 overseas players everyone ridiculed them for...

Would like us to get some young English players in, we are looking perilously like becoming the Woolwich 11 overseas players everyone ridiculed them for...

Sessegnon, Tanganga, Winks, Dele, Skipp are all young and all really should be around our squad for the next few years.

Would definitely be nice to be able to add Aarons and Eze to that though in the summer.

Good thing about this coming summer is that there’s a fair chance there’s gonna be a decent bit of talent getting relegated (few at Norwich/Watford/Bournemouth, Grealish etc) so we could be going for targets where the clubs need to sell.

Good thing about this coming summer is that there’s a fair chance there’s gonna be a decent bit of talent getting relegated (few at Norwich/Watford/Bournemouth, Grealish etc) so we could be going for targets where the clubs need to sell.

Norwich - Cantwell, Aarons, Pukki

Watford - Doucoure

Bournemouth - David Brooks, Callum Wilson

Aston Villa - Grealish

All would doma decent job if we want to shift fringe players and add something a little spicy on the cheap.

How many of our numbers 1-11 will be here at the start/end of next season?

2018-192019-202020-21
1LLORIS LLORIS LLORIS
2TRIPPIER
3ROSEROSE
4ALDERWEIRELD ALDERWEIRELD ALDERWEIRELD
5VERTONGHEN VERTONGHEN
6SANCHEZ SANCHEZ
7SON SON SON
8WINKS WINKS WINKS
10KANE KANE KANE
11LAMELA LAMELA

2018-192019-202020-21?
LLORISLLORISLLORIS
TRIPPIER
ROSEROSE
ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD
VERTONGHENVERTONGHEN
SANCHEZSANCHEZ
SONSONSON
WINKSWINKSWINKS
KANEKANEKANE
LAMELALAMELA

In our first XI - Lloris, Alderweireld, Son, Kane

In our squad - Lloris, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Son, Winks, Kane, Lamela

I make it 4 First XI starters being mainstays next season. The rebuild wheels are well and truly in motion.

I make it 4 First XI starters being mainstays next season. The rebuild wheels are well and truly in motion.
Lamela won't be here next season IMO.
I would not put a lot of money on Sanchez being here either.

Lamela won't be here next season IMO.
I would not put a lot of money on Sanchez being here either.

Possibly but I don't think Mourinho will uproot too many too soon. This summer we have to replace Vorm, Vertonghen, Walker-Peters, potentially Rose if Sessegnon doesn't step up as a potential long term LB, Wanyama and or Sissoko, Dier is another as he will be entering the last year of his contract, get ourselves a backup FWD we still have a lot to do without contemplating the way we replace Lamela, Sanchez etc.

Time will tell but I would be surprised if Lamela and big Dav get flogged in 2020.

Give me this come the end of August and I'll be delighted.

[FORMATION=4321,Lloris,Aurier,Alderweireld,Sanchez,Davies,Lo Celso,Soumare,Ndombele,Bergwijn,Son,Kane][/FORMATION]

[FORMATION=4231,Gazzaniga, Aarons,Foyth,Tanganga,Sessegnon,Gedson,Winks,Lucas,Dele,Lamela,New FWD][/FORMATION]

Jury is still out on the development of Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth etc and if Lamela will have a long term under Mourinho as well as Sessegnon as a LB but I'd be happy with the next phase seeing us spend big on Soumare, integrate an Aarons type signing to compete with Serge and invest wisely on a genuinely good backup/ rotation New FWD for Kane.

Soumare, Aarons & New FWD - £100m should do it for good quality I'd say. A CB if Foyth doesn't kick on under Jose, the same with big Dav who'd drop down to the second string. A new CB maybe Ginter who would be in the last year of his contract in Germany.

2018-192019-202020-21
1LLORISLLORISLLORIS
2TRIPPIER
3ROSEROSE
4ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD
5VERTONGHENVERTONGHEN
6SANCHEZSANCHEZSANCHEZ
7SONSON
8WINKSWINKSWINKS
10KANEKANEKANE
11LAMELALAMELA
Lamela Vert Rose and Son out

Serge & Davies will still be here too + all the new guys bought in the last 12 months.... Then again I'm not sure what the other fella was getting at.

Back
Top Bottom