Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela, Wanyama, Vertonghen,Sissoko (doesn't justify his high wages) out in the summer
new striker, CD,LB,DM or box to box midfielder in
exciting to see the rebuild happening in a phased manner instead of signing a random set of 8 players

What sort of striker can you see is going for in the summer or what would you hope for?

A super sub similar to Kane? Someone like llorente who will allow us to play a different style? A young up and coming striker? Or a big name who will directly challenge Kane for the number one spot?

Norwich - Cantwell, Aarons, Pukki

Watford - Doucoure

Bournemouth - David Brooks, Callum Wilson

Aston Villa - Grealish

All would doma decent job if we want to shift fringe players and add something a little spicy on the cheap.
Nathan ake, Tyrone mings, Sarr , Ben Godfrey, jamal Lewis, tim Krul as a backup keeper, john Mcguinn.

There are loads who could offer us something.

How many of our numbers 1-11 will be here at the start/end of next season?

2018-192019-202020-21
1LLORISLLORISLLORIS
2TRIPPIER
3ROSEROSE
4ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD
5VERTONGHENVERTONGHEN
6SANCHEZSANCHEZ
7SONSONSON
8WINKSWINKSWINKS
10KANEKANEKANE
11LAMELALAMELA
Dav will be here next season. I don't know about Lamela, and I agree on Jan.

The biggest window in years.

I actually think were ok in most areas except right back and defensive midfield. I'd also be looking possible replacements for Hugo but that's a long term thing. BUT BUT I dont think jose does.

According to ali gold the club were happy with our striker options, jose isnt at all but apparently has someone he wants in the summer. How long will jose wait to get what he wants? Not long in my opinion.

We have to get his targets in. Especially that target man he craves. If we do the happy jose carries on. If not then we could have the grumpy , moody man utd jose.

I actually think were ok in most areas except right back and defensive midfield. I'd also be looking possible replacements for Hugo but that's a long term thing. BUT BUT I dont think jose does.

According to ali gold the club were happy with our striker options, jose isnt at all but apparently has someone he wants in the summer. How long will jose wait to get what he wants? Not long in my opinion.

We have to get his targets in. Especially that target man he craves. If we do the happy jose carries on. If not then we could have the grumpy , moody man utd jose.
Well I hope the club do back Jose because if not then he won't stick around for long especially as he can get a job anywhere, so let's sit back get the popcorn out and see what develops.

I agree with that. That's pretty much how we started the Jan window but I think Jose was right to wait till the summer. We have to get the right players in those positions. I just hope we manage to do that this summer. And a striker would make a lot of sense. Poch didn't mind using a forward like Son as a striker, but Jose plays with a proper striker so that's what we need for when Kane is injured.

What sort of striker can you see is going for in the summer or what would you hope for?

A super sub similar to Kane? Someone like llorente who will allow us to play a different style? A young up and coming striker? Or a big name who will directly challenge Kane for the number one spot?

See us going back to Muriqi and convince him that there is enough game time for him even with Kane in the squad.

Can't think of a more "quintessentially Mourinho striker" than Muriqi

Critical to get the CL spot though. Losing the CL spot may see Kane getting unsettled

Last edited:
Well I hope the club do back Jose because if not then he won't stick around for long especially as he can get a job anywhere, so let's sit back get the popcorn out and see what develops.
Great post. Give ENIC a chance to show that the new ground will give us a platform to spend good money on quality players. I’m sure they will, but if they don’t, they need to find an owner that will. We just have to wait.

I agree with that. That's pretty much how we started the Jan window but I think Jose was right to wait till the summer. We have to get the right players in those positions. I just hope we manage to do that this summer. And a striker would make a lot of sense. Poch didn't mind using a forward like Son as a striker, but Jose plays with a proper striker so that's what we need for when Kane is injured.
He really didn't have a choice, Chelsea were not going to sell us Giroud and that was the last punt.

Great post. Give ENIC a chance to show that the new ground will give us a platform to spend good money on quality players. I’m sure they will, but if they don’t, they need to find an owner that will. We just have to wait.
I have always been suspicious of enics intentions although the same could be said of any club, but if they deliver on the pitch which is what football clubs are judged on then as far as I'm concerned they should continue.

Agree as well. We need whole new defensive block, we need different option to Aurier for type of games where his positioning will actually hurt us badly (Like Man City). We need CBs, badly. I think we can go to next season with Aurier as squad/1st 11 player, same as Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Foyth, Toby as squad players, so we need LB(I don't want Sess there, nor Mou does. And Sess as well probably), 2x CB, RB. Right now we are short of options.

We absolutely don't need two new centre backs.

And left back is just as much a priority as right back - it says something that when Aurier has a season like he's having, which lets be honest is probably an even bigger improvement than that of Sissokos last season in context, he needs to be upgraded yet people were happy to keep Sissoko in their starting teams. Though it also shows how poor we've been this season when Aurier‘s name probably should be in contention with Spurs player of the season.

DM is the key position we need and one we need to focus on. A young right back to compete with Aurier (preferably Aarons), a starting left back and a back up striker if we aren't going to play Parrott.

Agree as well. We need whole new defensive block, we need different option to Aurier for type of games where his positioning will actually hurt us badly (Like Man City). We need CBs, badly. I think we can go to next season with Aurier as squad/1st 11 player, same as Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Foyth, Toby as squad players, so we need LB(I don't want Sess there, nor Mou does. And Sess as well probably), 2x CB, RB. Right now we are short of options.

Looking forward to being quoted 60m for the likes of Ake & Mings. :dembelewtf:

....Every cunt and his mum will be after Koulibaly too so let's not even kid ourselves over that one.

Our current CBs need competent protection from a DM; not demotion.

Fuck back-up ST; no new DM is the real blunder this past window.

And left back is just as much a priority as right back - it says something that when Aurier has a season like he's having, which lets be honest is probably an even bigger improvement than that of Sissokos last season in context, he needs to be upgraded yet people were happy to keep Sissoko in their starting teams. Though it also shows how poor we've been this season when Aurier‘s name probably should be in contention with Spurs player of the season.

DM is the key position we need and one we need to focus on. A young right back to compete with Aurier (preferably Aarons), a starting left back and a back up striker if we aren't going to play Parrott.
You can set up midfield without DM, but 2 class CBs aren't replaceable. Right now we have Toby, Jan, Sanchez, Tanganga and Foyth. Jan probably won't be there, Foyth isn't rated by second manager and gets stuck at bench. Tanganga is a youth, I know he's been exceptional but would you trust him enough to go with him as no1? Toby gets slower and slower with every month, it's one year max till he moves to slower league, like Italy. Sanchez is fine, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade on him...

You can set up midfield without DM, but 2 class CBs aren't replaceable. Right now we have Toby, Jan, Sanchez, Tanganga and Foyth. Jan probably won't be there, Foyth isn't rated by second manager and gets stuck at bench. Tanganga is a youth, I know he's been exceptional but would you trust him enough to go with him as no1? Toby gets slower and slower with every month, it's one year max till he moves to slower league, like Italy. Sanchez is fine, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade on him...

We have been setting up our midfield without a DM and we get constantly overrun, offer no protection to our centre halves and have seen our team lose more games in the last 13 months than we had in the previous 4 years when we had one.

We have been setting up our midfield without a DM and we get constantly overrun, offer no protection to our centre halves and have seen our team lose more games in the last 13 months than we had in the previous 4 years when we had one.
I agree, but except lack of DM I blame our defensive block.

&

Aurier & Davies are absolutely fine as our full backs as things stand, with Sessegnon having a lot to prove and another young RB getting the opportunity to come in to offer competition to Serge. Sign Max Aarons and develop Sess and we are completely covered for the foreseeable in full back areas, better than a lot of people think based on Serge's form over the past few months, he's been taking his game up levels.

A new CB may be required but we'll see how that goes. DM is the big one and the only first team area that needs big investment. Davinson has the rest of the season to demonstrate he genuinely has the good stuff enough to become top drawer but we're stocked in that area so we'll see how that one goes.

Aarons, Soumare, Backup FWD and a young prospect like Eze taken a punt on and I'd be very happy with that, it would be a great window.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom