Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And if you wanted to get crazy....sell Ndombele, use that money for Neves.

Lloris
Castagne - Kim - Dier - Sess
Hojbjerg - Neves
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Son
Kane

At this point I'm just hoping for Castagne and Hojbjerg. Castagne is versatile and can deputize at LB if needed, and hopefully Hojbjerg can play that deep CDM role to allow us to play 2 attack-minded CMs. 35m should get us there, and that's sadly all I can really see Levy stumping up.

Clarke and Parrot need proper loans, as do Sess and Skipp if we have no intention of giving them significant game time.

Every window I find myself pushing for transfers and thinking of a few recommendations who would improve us. It was easier under Poch, as there was a definitive style to uphold. Certain players would compliment that, and there lay the excitement of bringing someone in either to compete for a position or to slip straight in to improve an already excellent 1st team.

As it currently stands, I honestly haven’t got a clue. On paper Son, Kane, Alli, Bergwijn - nothing seemingly wrong with that, but I would say the first 3 + Moura haven’t been firing for quite some time.

Mourinho doesn’t have a lot of trust in the back 4, which is evident as he keeps tinkering with it. No choice but to play Davies and Aurier every game for lack of another option.

I like Winks, but I question whether he really does enough, and Sissoko has politely ‘maxed out’ on what he has to offer. Lo Celso playing deep isn’t what he was designed for, but his ability on the ball means that he is still doing a good job. Ndombele looks like he may have tipped over the edge to the point of no return..

It’s a funny old situation, and will depend on what Levy is willing to spend to get Mourinho where he wants to be. I would love to see our top players really flourishing again, but I can’t see it at the moment. Maybe time to think about offloading a couple..

The premier league standard this season has been relatively poor, and with City Liverpool Utd and Chelsea reviving for next season, it will be the toughest season for a while. Not sure some of the suggestions here will have us competing, but also understand we’re hardly favourites to sign top players atm.

What about Youcef Atal at RB, that whole thing died a death because of his knee injury...which apparently he’s recovered from now. I think a lot of us liked what we saw with this guy at the time, his stats from the 2018/19 season (prior to injury) where awesome.
Who knows, maybe Nice might take Aurier plus £5m
Just saying 😆😆😆

Eduoard being priced at £25m. I'd pay that for him. He'd be a great option, and could play alongside Kane as Kane is so good at dropping into the hole to make chances as much as he getting on the end of chances.

What about Youcef Atal at RB, that whole thing died a death because of his knee injury...which apparently he’s recovered from now. I think a lot of us liked what we saw with this guy at the time, his stats from the 2018/19 season (prior to injury) where awesome.
Who knows, maybe Nice might take Aurier plus £5m
Just saying 😆😆😆

French clubs are desperate for cash right now due to their league being shut prematurely after corona. So they are all open to selling, perhaps less willing to take swaps for high wage players though.

Not actually watched Atal more than once or twice though myself, but hear he is good.

Don't think Atal is a RB anymore now been pushed forward to play as a winger (bit like Bale those years ago)

French clubs are desperate for cash right now due to their league being shut prematurely after corona. So they are all open to selling, perhaps less willing to take swaps for high wage players though.

Not actually watched Atal more than once or twice though myself, but hear he is good.

One would assume Dutch league should be similarly troubled....

Ajax rinse, anyone? :levyeyes:

Didn't Zitech go for similar money as Bergwijn? We should have been all over that. Veltman is apparently looking to leave as well, would be a solid rb cb rotational option imo.

Not sure how good their new south Americans are but VDB might be good.

Didn't Zitech go for similar money as Bergwijn? We should have been all over that. Veltman is apparently looking to leave as well, would be a solid rb cb rotational option imo.

Not sure how good their new south Americans are but VDB might be good.
Veltman is a poor option, nowhere near to prime Vertonghen. Schuurs and Mazraoui would be better options.

Gravenbach and VDB would be their top picks, Alvarez would be another good buy.

Ajax are loaded, they've had some big sales over the last few years and are a well run club. Not sure there are many bargains to be picked up

We should look at PSV and Alkmaar though. Psv's Dumfries at right back, defensive mid Koopmeiners and attacking mid Stengs at Alkmaar

Back
Top Bottom