Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In all honesty, id be happy with a DM who wins the ball and gives it to Gio or Tongee

Sorry, I may have been a bit vague. From what I have watched, Romeu does the winning and passing off, whereas Hojbjerg is far more likely to try and make things happen and can find himself turning it over more. Just my eye test this season and have no stats to back that up.

Last edited:
Sorry, I may have been a bit vague. From what I have watched Romeu does the winning and passing off, whereas Hojbjerg is far more likely to try and make things happen and can find himself turning it over more. Just my eye test this season and have no stats to back that up.

Ah - yeah, that makes sense!

Sorry, I may have been a bit vague. From what I have watched Romeu does the winning and passing off, whereas Hojbjerg is far more likely to try and make things happen and can find himself turning it over more. Just my eye test this season and have no stats to back that up.
I was actually very impressed with Romeu tonight. He is surprisingly press resistant, well able to pass off both feet and seems quite an intelligent player too. He knows his limits, when and where to pass.
Whilst he's not the DM we need, he's most certainly the type of DM we need.

There have been rumours about Son wanting to go even before Poch left, he also nearly wanted left after his first season. Additionally he would make a tidy profit and you know how ENIC love a tidy profit, 3 years left on his deal. I wouldn't want it, but you never know with Levy.

I was actually very impressed with Romeu tonight. He is surprisingly press resistant, well able to pass off both feet and seems quite an intelligent player too. He knows his limits, when and where to pass.
Whilst he's not the DM we need, he's most certainly the type of DM we need.

A couple windows ago, when I was on the SC forums, I called out for him in January as a Wanyama replacement when we were crying out for some more mettle in the center.

He keeps it simple and agreed, he is a good shielder of the ball.

Too good to be true.

He scored 18 goals and had 6 assists in all competitions (38 games) at 21 years of age. Any reason to doubt his age?

He already knows how to score against Chelsea.

Surely we would add him to pair up with HK? Can’t see why he would come here to be a back up.

4-4-2...

Midfield of Son, GLC, DM, and Steve / Lucas plus the two STs... I like the concept!

Last edited:
Napoli is looking for another attacking player. And they’ve made Koulibaly available. Maybe a Son for Koulibaly swap?

Lloris
Castagne - Toby - Koulibaly - Sess
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Willian
Osimhen - Kane

Sorry, I may have been a bit vague. From what I have watched, Romeu does the winning and passing off, whereas Hojbjerg is far more likely to try and make things happen and can find himself turning it over more. Just my eye test this season and have no stats to back that up.
Southampton played the majority of the season with Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse in their double pivot. Two hard working players. Romeu is for sure the more defensive minded of their options - when he plays, it is exactly how you described.

Back
Top Bottom