Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have been linked to Weston McKennie, anyone watched him before?
Played more of a DM the past few seasons but has started getting more involved in the attack this year. He's subject to the occasional brain fart, but is quite strong. A bit clumsy with tackles ideally more box to box than a DM, but if the price is right we could do worse.

He absolurely played Tripper as a winger with Sissoko covering him. Because I would shit on it weekly.

He put in alot more crosses than Aurier, most of which were absolutely awful. Hit and hope garbage that we also see from Aurier. Except Auriers actually end up with more goals.
Our 1st season after Walker left was very decent by Tripps - Sissoko usually didn't play back then. Our downfall started a bit later, every aspect of our game degraded and people started blaming Trippier for everything. He started being poor, I agree, but not as much as some people thought. He went to Atleti, and we fell in even bigger crap.`

Southampton played the majority of the season with Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse in their double pivot. Two hard working players. Romeu is for sure the more defensive minded of their options - when he plays, it is exactly how you described.

Yeah, JWP is a runner. Really impressed by him this year. He has been given a chance to finally make that his spot and he has been very good. I am not sold on him as a big 6 option, but he is one hell of a worker.

Hearing a lot of rumblings about us dealing with Barca. My 2c is Toby/Ndombele to Barca with Dembele coming back the other way. Maybe they will try to offload Coutinho also.

Son - Kane - Dembele
Alli
Lo Celso - Winks

Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela, Skipp providing good quality for rotation.

Hearing a lot of rumblings about us dealing with Barca. My 2c is Toby/Ndombele to Barca with Dembele coming back the other way. Maybe they will try to offload Coutinho also.

Son - Kane - Dembele
Alli
Lo Celso - Winks

Where are you hearing this?

Son - Kane - Dembele
Alli
Lo Celso - Winks

If they wanted to unload Coutinho as well I'd be ok with it lol

Son - Kane - Dembele
Coutinho
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg
Would be an exciting team

Where are you hearing this?

Friend does some editing work on the amazon doc. Won't tell me hardly anything because of NDA, but did say that we will learn a huge amount about how difficult the transfer market is. Mentioned that some filming of a meeting did happen in Barca, but Barca didn't give permission to use footage.

I also recall twitter claiming Toby's agent has also talked about interest from Barca.

Friend does some editing work on the amazon doc. Won't tell me hardly anything because of NDA, but did say that we will learn a huge amount about how difficult the transfer market is. Mentioned that some filming of a meeting did happen in Barca, but Barca didn't give permission to use footage.

I also recall twitter claiming Toby's agent has also talked about interest from Barca.

Pretty good source!

So, why don't just let our most promising youth palyer from the last 5 years go for free and buy a mid table talent like Aarons for 50 million? Seems very good to me.

We don't know what the problem is with Tanganga. Maybe he wants to leave and is refusing all offers from the club. Or his advisors are pushing for a big money contract

No one is buying Aarons for 50 mill

Back
Top Bottom